Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening June 28, 2024) | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening June 28, 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Remember Tiana is a princess but not in the same vein as Cinderella, etc. While they definitely underdressed her...the outfit is not outside the realm of what she would wear on a day to day basises

maxresdefault.jpg

The issue is the outfit cut (its a bit baggy and not as form fitting as tiana's other outfits) and the fugly what that thing is around her neck

It is a bizarre contradiction.

Disney: "Make sure you put a tiara on the attraction exterior, because Tiana's a DISNEY PRINCESS™!"

Also Disney: "Remove all costuming elements that might indicate she's a princess."

Weirdness ensues.
I’m just bitter over the ride entirely, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

I was thrilled when they announced PatF. Then I wished they split the coasts like ToT and GotG where splash stayed at one of the parks.

That didn’t happen. Nbd. PatF still the ultimate replacement. And for those saying she deserves her own ground up build I never agreed with because this way she gets 13+ minutes vs 2.5.

Then I see the boat concept art and get even more excited.
But then we get this nonsense co-op philanthropy thing. I utterly hate it. I hate the story. I hate her costume.
I just want a bookend of her as a worker. Then as a frog. Then as a princess. All with the original score and loads of Facilier.

But no… I get salt mines and CEO Tiana.

Rant over :lmao:

Remember Tiana is a princess but not in the same vein as Cinderella, etc. While they definitely underdressed her...the outfit is not outside the realm of what she would wear on a day to day basises

maxresdefault.jpg

The issue is the outfit cut (its a bit baggy and not as form fitting as tiana's other outfits) and the fugly what that thing is around her neck
Even toddler Tiana hates what she’s become in this new story. Even she has a crown.
She wasn’t playing salt mine entrepreneur with Charlotte :p

Reactions: ReelJustice
Even toddler Tiana hates what she’s become in this new story. She wasn’t playing salt mine entrepreneur with Charlotte :p
Tiana always had a hustle mindset. When we get to the title card of the film, tiana is getting home from her night job falls asleep for two seconds then has to get up from her day job. Tiana never cared about being a princess. Even when she got married to Naveen, girl thought she was gonna be a frog. Tiana's main motivation is her first love which is making food and having the best restaurant.

While the story maybe can cause some side eyes. (it wouldn't be necessarily my choice of story if I was an imagineer but I get where tehy got the story)Tiana expanding into salt mining which is tied to food processing makes sense as salt is used for food curing etc.

Reactions: PenguinCowboy
Tiana always had a hustle mindset. When we get to the title card of the film, tiana is getting home from her night job falls asleep for two seconds then has to get up from her day job. Tiana never cared about being a princess. Even when she got married to Naveen, girl thought she was gonna be a frog. Tiana's main motivation is her first love which is making food and having the best restaurant.

While the story maybe can cause some side eyes. (it wouldn't be necessarily my choice of story if I was an imagineer but I get where tehy got the story)Tiana expanding into salt mining which is tied to food processing makes sense as salt is used for food curing etc.
Wut…

What does food curing have to do with Cajun food in any way? The only food I can think of is Tasso.

Seasoning, ok. Curing? Wrong cuisine, my friend. :)

maxresdefault.jpg

I don't disagree... but then don't slap a tiara on the exterior!

(That's really what I don't like, not the costume choice.)

Imagine if you will, you guys are now Imagineers. You are tasked with turning Splash MOUNTAIN into a New Orleans based attraction featuring the characters from PatF. So let's break it down, shall we?

As was immediately pointed out by many internet geniuses, there are no mountains within a 300 mile radius of New Orleans.

You guys Google mountains near NO. Internet geniuses are correct. Googles big hills near NO. Nothing. What you eventually find are Salt Domes. And down the rabbit hole you go.

What is salt used for? Cooking. What does Tiana do? Cook. But not only cook, she wants to own her own restaurant. She has the entrepreneurial spirit...

While a super elaborate backstory, I can see it. Even the Tiana cosplaying Jane Archimedes from Tarzan outfit.

I am willing to let this play out and see what we get.

Imagine if you will, you guys are now Imagineers. You are tasked with turning Splash MOUNTAIN into a New Orleans based attraction featuring the characters from PatF. So let's break it down, shall we?

As was immediately pointed out by many internet geniuses, there are no mountains within a 300 mile radius of New Orleans.

You guys Google mountains near NO. Internet geniuses are correct. Googles big hills near NO. Nothing. What you eventually find are Salt Domes. And down the rabbit hole you go.

What is salt used for? Cooking. What does Tiana do? Cook. But not only cook, she wants to own her own restaurant. She has the entrepreneurial spirit...

While a super elaborate backstory, I can see it. Even the Tiana cosplaying Jane Archimedes from Tarzan outfit.

I am willing to let this play out and see what we get.
"elaborate" this is just too much story for a theme park ride. ill take movie recognizability instead. all classic rides would be 1000x more complicated with this line of thinking. this is how you get avenger's campus instead of cool marvel land even if it doesnt fit in DCA, because who cares, its cool marvel alien technology land with cool rides

Last edited:
Just make a book report ride, and give the people what they want. Don’t overthink the mountain part.

People want PATF, not NuPATF.

The salt dome stuff is borderline offensive to human intelligence. WDI is whack.

ETA: Avery Island is 130 miles from New Orleans, and this is what it looks like. Don’t let WDI nerds gaslight you.IMG_5221.jpeg

Last edited:
Just make a book report ride, and give the people what they want. Don’t overthink the mountain part.

People want PATF, not NuPATF.

The salt dome stuff is borderline offensive to human intelligence. WDI is whack.

ETA: Avery Island is 130 miles from New Orleans, and this is what it looks like. Don’t let WDI nerds gaslight you.View attachment 19112
Coincidentally near where the Tabasco factory is at which would make a lot more sense than a salt dome? You could even make a PatF hot sauce which would be a neat, unique souvenir for the shop.

If you wanted the real gulf coast experience though they should retheme it to an oil rig that’s poisoning the town.

Coincidentally near where the Tabasco factory is at which would make a lot more sense than a salt dome? You could even make a PatF hot sauce which would be a neat, unique souvenir for the shop.

If you wanted the real gulf coast experience though they should retheme it to an oil rig that’s poisoning the town.
Heh, they can use that old oil rig from the Norway ride Maelstrom, that preceded Frozen. :lol:..... Seriously though, it does sound like they've overthought this attraction, which is a shame since it replaced the excellent Splash. But, it still has the really good bones of the Splash ride, so it might turn out OK if the interior scenes look beautiful with decent AA's and good practical/special effects. Thanks to those bones, it has potential.

Tiana has an adventure outfit for the adventure aspect of the ride.

Wanna bet? The big party scene at the end: she’ll be back in princess attire.

That's not how I remember it.

View attachment 19125
Lol. Touché. But I also said the following.

Personally, I want PatF in DL and SM in WDW

As good of a theme as PatF could be, Disney can always find a way to F it up.

Maybe thrilled on its own was a bad choice of words. Maybe I should have said “thrilled for PatF but don’t trust Disney not to screw it up royally”.
Which the jury is out on. And with the current story I don’t get the warm and fuzzies.

Also, you’re a perceptive coot.