The Adventures of Curious George Playground | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

The Adventures of Curious George Playground

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Tommorow is the day of georges epiologue. may the play area spot be used for better thngs. nick: april 2001- january 7 2008 George: febulary 19, 2008 - september 3 2013. let potter construction begin soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can imagine that tonight the walls will spring up and some demolition will happen by morning.

tumblr_mllxtyC6n81rptk37o1_500.gif

The remaining CG team members who hadn't yet began their OTJ training at other venues gave their weary sendoff today spieling left and right about the "final liftoff of Curious George". It was a little bittersweet.

Goodbye the haven for numerous F31 visits for the infamous "code brown".

And that fun ball pit, too.

I can imagine that tonight the walls will spring up and some demolition will happen by morning.

tumblr_mllxtyC6n81rptk37o1_500.gif
Wall construction will take the entire week... full-scale demolition isn't scheduled to start until early next week I believe.

Reactions: BernardMesa
The remaining CG team members who hadn't yet began their OTJ training at other venues gave their weary sendoff today spieling left and right about the "final liftoff of Curious George". It was a little bittersweet.

Goodbye the haven for numerous F31 visits for the infamous "code brown".

And that fun ball pit, too.

Wall construction will take the entire week... full-scale demolition isn't scheduled to start until early next week I believe.
universal is though good at putting walls up and down so we'll see...

From the grapevine, I believe there will soon be a Potter-themed garage in the coming years. There may or may not be an additional "Minion" lot as well. (this may just be a re-theme of CG, which is stupidly obvious now that I think about it)

Also: I like all the protection you guys did to make sure you, and your equipment didn't get wet.

I, too, walked around there about a week ago just to get the gist of the size of the area... and yeah I kinda felt like a creep. (except when I remembered there were a buttload of family/private restrooms in the back and shed a tear to know that they would soon be demolished) The stadium "parental" seating station seen behind Jon in the above photo seems to always contain bored teenagers on their phone while adults console and play with their children, so I felt very out-of-place. Though I've heard stories of employees going in groups into the ball pit and going to town over the years... smartly avoiding the chlorine-scented water play area. (too bad that's the portion making its way across the lot)

Universal Plaza's modest water play area (more like a larger, less wet version of the CityWalk fountains) will almost immediately slot in for CG but the sting will be felt for a little while as USH will have to deal with a tidal wave of complaints by frustrated parents that their child was only given a tiny dinosaur playground for seventy-something dollars until SSFL opens next summer. This won't be too harsh on GR, since HHN will scare families away and Grinchmas will have snow play. Spring break, however, will be rough.
spring break wont be as rough since ya know SSFL will probably be open by then.

i think the only time USH had something cool for a closure was for BTTF. CHRISTOPHER LLOYD WAS THERE! lol

It'll take a week. These are long term walls.
Understatement of the year! ;) haha

spring break wont be as rough since ya know SSFL will probably be open by then.

i think the only time USH had something cool for a closure was for BTTF. CHRISTOPHER LLOYD WAS THERE! lol
Well yeah, because part of USH knew that BTTF was immensely possible and that maybe what they were doing was absolutely the wrong thing to do. Right? Am I right? I hope I'm right. lol

But yeah, THAT was a fantastic (but super depressing) send off. It's been exactly 6 years since the ride's last day.

Reactions: steve and Alexshow.
I remember my grandmother NOT taking me the last day of operation and I saw it on the news and I cryed myself to sleep. Lol

It's the new enterance to the que.
Yeah? I wonder how extensive the queue redesign will be...

I'd hope they enclose the queue and make it high quality.

Anyway, one thing I noticed from westcoaster's pics is something I failed to realize for the past few months! They removed the "Featuring King Kong 360-3D" sign that hung under the main Studio Tour sign! I was hoping they'd remove it to be honest. I wonder when it happened. And I'm very curious if the Tour arch and entrance will be changed somehow as well...

Based on the pic westcoaster posted, I'm not surprised. It looks like it's going to be very tent-like and carnival-ish. I would've preferred that they enhance the medieval castle look, which would've fit great next to Potter. Realistically, I wish they'd get rid of the show, but if they wanted to keep it, a cheap way to enhance it would be to upgrade the seats. I'd install D-Box simulator theatre seating in the show building. They have a wider range of motions compared to Shrek's lame back and forth motion.

*sigh* so much potential.

If they couldn't fit in a Shrek ride, I think the Shrek theme would've been great for a T23D type show with wrap around screens and swivel seats.