Mega Movie Parade | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Mega Movie Parade

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The fact that they closed the Legacy Store in Citywalk & now this parade is rumored to be legacy-ish. So wrong on so many levels
I don't understand this line of thinking. Although the Legacy Store was very cool, I don't see how them closing it is in any way disrespecting the legacy of the company or the park. The new main Universal Studios Store opened in 2021, and I imagine that it's been the plan all along to put the EU Preview Center in its former spot. Legacy Store was a great way to utilize the space for a couple of years until they eventually needed it.

In that section of the pod (53:30) Alicia brings up the news report on the car and says she believes its for the parade.

As for the half, I think they are using the base of the car to build a full replica. So some construction/assembly will be necessary.

I just find it odd they couldn't find a car in tact somewhere in the US for sale.

I agree, although I have no interest in parades, so what would get me really excited is if this was the lineup for the new lagoon show.
I hope Universal pays attention to some of Disney's entertainment offerings that cater to both new and old audiences. I loved Cinematic Celebration, but it was just a hodgepodge of whatever IPs they were forced to use to activate the synergy machine and had moments that didn't flow well. New show should focus on "themes" or segments that allow multiple IPs to flow together, versus simply jumping IP to IP (kind of like the Illuminations sections during Cinematic).

If it's all classic Universal movies, the concept of a Jaws float is incredibly funny to me if it's not just Bruce. Look, kids! The crew of an ill-fated fishing vessel who are about to be torn to bloody bits by a massive shark!

In that section of the pod (53:30) Alicia brings up the news report on the car and says she believes its for the parade.

As for the half, I think they are using the base of the car to build a full replica. So some construction/assembly will be necessary.
Little unrelated but does anyone know what happened to the one that use to sit on the first floor of the garage?

Hope this is still the name

The font on “parade” is peak 90s studio park aesthetic.
Now that I think of it, this lean into nostalgia they’ve been doing the past few years is a brilliant strategy. Epic is a whole new phase and vision. Studios should be positioned as the nostalgic park.
I feel like it’s really reflecting that in everything except the ride lineup. They love pumping out some pretty good Jaws and BttF merch and putting that shark on social media but they only exist at photo ops in the park currently. None of the rumors about the future of the park indicate anything about any classic properties Universal owns getting a bigger presence (although Pokemon is actually kind of peak 90s so I’ll give them that.)

Maybe I'm mistaken, but everyone keeps talking about it being half a car. From my understanding, it's both halves of the car, just bisected. This article from late January says the person who sold to Universal bought both halves:

After a handshake, he went home with two halves of a coveted Cadillac.

No engine, no drive train, no anything, really, save for the front end and back end, making for an iconic, though separated, shell.

Additionally, the article about the sale to Universal mentions the front half already being sent down and the back half being hand delivered:

The front portion of the car is already in Orlando. Plum will bring his family along as he delivers the back end of what will be the new Ecto-1 replica at Universal Studios.

I've heard rumblings of another IP potentially included in the parade lineup. Just a rumor at this point so it could be completely wrong. No clue on if it will be a full float or just a character.

The IP would be another 3rd Party/non-ComcastNBC, and not Sony again either. I personally think it'd be kinda funny if the character passed by Hollywood during the parade route. Definitely fits the retro vibe the parade seems to be taking on.

I've heard rumblings of another IP potentially included in the parade lineup. Just a rumor at this point so it could be completely wrong. No clue on if it will be a full float or just a character.

The IP would be another 3rd Party/non-ComcastNBC, and not Sony again either. I personally think it'd be kinda funny if the character passed by Hollywood during the parade route. Definitely fits the retro vibe the parade seems to be taking on.
I'd almost wanna ask and guess if it's a Paramount IP; like Top Gun or hell, TMNT.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95