My Universal Studios Review (11/22/16) | Inside Universal Forums

My Universal Studios Review (11/22/16)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 27, 2016
So I have been going to Universal for as long as I can remember. It is my favorite theme park and I have recently been going a lot more often. I wanted to write this review of all the attractions I rode yesterday and I wanted to see other's opinions, and see if they are the same as mine  :)  

Thanks!

Upper Lot

Waterworld - Pretty cool but some of the punches weren't synced up with the track. Basically, someone would hit another person and it would take a second to make the sound. I kind of wish they would demolish it to make room for something a little more up to date, perhaps another show. 

Shrek 4D - I have always despised this ride. Not only is it big and a long wait, it is incredibly boring (in my opinion). I wish they would get rid of it and put more Potter stuff, but that probably won't happen because of Shrek 5.

Wizarding World - Really awesome, but it is small and super crowded. It felt like we were in a pack of sardines at some points. The Forbidden Journey should be the standard for new simulator rides. I did not ride the Hippogriff, but I rode it the previous time I went and I feel bad for ANYONE waiting more than 20 minutes. I saw people waiting 60 minutes for a 30 second ride.

Studio Tour - Not as spectacular as I remember (probably because I have been so many times that I can do the tour myself) but I saw that everyone else was impressed. I personally think that Universal should be sued for false advertising for Fast and the Furious. Seriously, compare what you actually ride to the commerical. Basically King Kong but 10 times worse (in my opinion, obviously).

Minions - Pretty cute, kind of a let down though. I expected something a little closer to the Simpsons.

Simpsons - Fun and entertaining, as usual. I don't know if my eye sight is deteriorating or not because the screen was really blurry.

TWD - I really enjoy this attraction. Obviously not as hardcore as HHN, but still entertaining and fun to see everyday people get scared (everyday as in people who do not go to HHN).

Lower Lot

Jurassic Park - This ride is in DESPERATE need of a renovation (perhaps a re-theming to Jurassic World?) They put fog machines so you can't notice the quality of the animatronics. The TV's still show the same, blurry, small safety videos. 

Transformers - Broke down once during the day, maybe more. It breaks down nearly every time I go and I can not tell if it is just bad luck or the ride is broken. Waited 70 minutes (not worth it), but the ride was still entertaining. 

We had a discussion a while back about Fast and Furious' advertising spots. They advertised King Kong in a similar fashion and it seemed to work, but Fast and Furious' reception was moderate at best. Either people aren't believing them or negative word trumped Universal's best efforts.

Re: Jurassic Park - the ride has been in poor condition for a while now. I just sort of wish they'd use the funds that they devoted to Despicable Me's large minion to really refurbishing the ride. Oh well.

Glad you had fun!

We had a discussion a while back about Fast and Furious' advertising spots. They advertised King Kong in a similar fashion and it seemed to work, but Fast and Furious' reception was moderate at best. Either people aren't believing them or negative word trumped Universal's best efforts.

Re: Jurassic Park - the ride has been in poor condition for a while now. I just sort of wish they'd use the funds that they devoted to Despicable Me's large minion to really refurbishing the ride. Oh well.

Glad you had fun!

Thank you!