Locals - which WDW park do you visit most? | Inside Universal Forums

Locals - which WDW park do you visit most?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 7, 2018
Curious as to what many Universal fans frequent at Disney. As much as we love Universal here, there is surely crossover. I’m curious to any locale experience with Disney: Where do you visit the most? Which park? Which Disney springs restaurant? Favorite ride?

I appreciate the IU love for Disney here, so curious locals perspectives. This forum tends to have great objective thoughts outside Universal parks. When I move here it may be closer to Disney, so, helps with curiosity!

Probably Epcot or MK for Disney. When I eat at Disney Springs it’s usually quick service so while Blaze Pizza is most common, Earl of Sandwich and Chicken Guy are up there as well. Favorite ride? Used to be Tower Of Terror, now it’s Rise.

I think order goes Epcot, HS, Universal Studios, AK, IOA, MK

From a Disney point of view
Epcot has the most seasonal stuff going on is the most laid back
HS has quality rides and good food
AK is great but its either way too hot and humid or freezing cold
MK while great with a lot of nostalgia rides is a pain to get to and always feels like a lot of work and there's always a chance for meltdowns

When I was an AP - I'll tell you which one I visited the least...

Magic Kingdom. The parking was not worth the headache. :lol:
As a non-local (sorry), this is how I have felt every time I've gone back to Orlando. I think I'm at six or seven visits since 2012 and if I never went to Magic Kingdom again, I'd be okay. It's a perfectly cromulent castle park, but it's my least favorite of the three I've visited so far.

First off, i've realized due to festivals Epcot is the clear number one. I'll tell you why MK is so high on for me - Going to DAK or DHS is sort of depressing or just pointless. DAK in it's current form is a sad park to visit and at DHS, it has a really good ride selection, but still not enough rides and due to that the line wait for pretty much every ride (sans Star Tours) is always insane and makes me just not feel like its worth it most of the time.

With Epcot and MK, you can go on a lot of the major rides with relative ease and both parks have a nighttime fireworks show (unlike DAK). DHS does have Fantasmic! to it's credit, but again due to there being so little to do, those shows pack up early meaning you have to sit there and wait quite a long time for that show to start. I do love Fantasmic! though so i'll stop there lol.

Reactions: SeventyOne
As someone who lives about 10 minutes from Epcot, an ideal summer night goes:

-Sneak out of work early
-Take a “prescription depressant”
-Hop on Guardians
-Walk around and get a couple beers/booth snacks while the sun sets

Most-visited park and it’s not even close. I’m a lot farther from USF/IOA, but I still go there more often than MK or Hollywood Studios.

Reactions: Jake S and Tbad556
If I'm looking for a hangout spot? Epcot (doubly so during F&W or Flower & Garden).

Looking to do rides? Typically between HS and MK depending on which one I’ve most recently done with the rare AK park hop thrown in. Sometimes HS gets priority due to the ease of actually getting to the park from the parking lot (vs MK’s mess) + the added bonus of the skyliner now.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Only 7-min drive to WDW arches, so I'm able to visit WDW more often than UOR as that's a 30-ish min drive due to I4 traffic (would only be 18 minutes if it weren't for the Vineland exit)

As a local, the park I visit tends to be whatever I'm in the mood for eating lol
1. Epcot (thanks to all the food, festivals)
2. DAK - my favorite park (though closes early, so really can only visit for an hour after work)
3. DHS - only a 6-min drive for me so it ranks higher on my list even though its my least favorite of the WDW parks
4. USF/IOA (always visit both) - can't visit on the weekday due to I4 traffic & the fact that the parks close early. If they kept the parks open (and the good quick service locations open late), I'd be visiting more often.
6. MK - painful to visit (pretty much have to decide to leave before fireworks, or stay until park close to avoid the post-fireworks congestion
7. SeaWorld - becomes #1 during the Holiday season tho
8. Busch Gardens - love coasters, but that park is just too hot to be in outside the winter lol

Typhoon Lagoon. This is freakin' Florida, 90 and humid most of the year.

Of the dry parks, EPCOT for the festivals--particularly the concerts--and because there's usually a couple birthdays a year someone just wants to drink around the world.

At Springs, Homecomin' just because it's so much better than the rest, or Splitsville/HoB because friends are playing a gig. Or Dockside if that counts. Used to be Raglan until they started closing at 11.

• Haha
Reactions: Mad Dog
Typhoon Lagoon. This is freakin' Florida, 90 and humid most of the year.

Of the dry parks, EPCOT for the festivals--particularly the concerts--and because there's usually a couple birthdays a year someone just wants to drink around the world.

At Springs, Homecomin' just because it's so much better than the rest, or Splitsville/HoB because friends are playing a gig. Or Dockside if that counts. Used to be Raglan until they started closing at 11.
Finally, a local with the climate truth about the No Sunshine state. ;) :lmao:

As for Disney Springs, Boathouse is my go-to for the vibes and seafood. And let's not forget Space Mountain – classic fave!