How much time needed at parks? | Inside Universal Forums

How much time needed at parks?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 21, 2014
I'm considering squeezing a trip to USH during a business trip.  I will be arriving around 9 in Long Beach, so until I rented a car it would be mid-morning when I reached the park.  Then in the afternoon I would need to get away for a couple hours.

The date is Saturday, April 6.  The hours are listed as 9-8.  I would probably have to leave between 1:30-5ish.  

Would that give me enough time to get most everything in?  Is this answer different if I buy the front of the line pass?

Hmm, with Despicable Me opening, that could be challenging.

If you arrive at 11:00 AM and you leave at 5:00 PM, I think it's possible to have almost everything finished. Your first priority should be Despicable Me, followed by the Lower Lot (keeping in mind that the park will grow exponentially busier after noon). You can probably hit all the shows as the day progresses.

Front of Line will definitely take some of the pressure off, but I'm not sure if it's exactly worth it. Maybe some other members can contribute their thoughts as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
In this order:

Despicable Me

Simpsons

Studio Tour

JP (Single Rider)

Mummy (Single Rider)

Transformers (Single Rider)

random shows in whatever order

Thanks. I am from the east coast so my research may be wrong, but I thought I read that Despicable Me wouldn't be open until the 10th?

I'll be there by myself so good to hear that several rides have single rider lines.

It most likely will be in the phase of solid soft-openings by that time. Very good chance it will be open by then.

I don't think FOTL is worth it... since I assume you are going solo, single rider makes up for long lines and I am pretty sure you will be able to ride everything without FOTL... I hope you enjoy your trip

My dilemma has been, can I even fit this in during my business trip.  And it sounds like I can.  I will probably wait until closer my trip to decide, but since I'm going the Saturday before the minions officially opens, I will probably get the front of the line pass so I don't have to worry about waiting and my schedule for the upper lot and tour attractions.

Can the FOTL pass be used on the same attraction more than once?

Is FOTL or single rider faster on the attractions that have it?

Can the FOTL pass be used on the same attraction more than once?

Is FOTL or single rider faster on the attractions that have it?
Front of Line can only be used once per attraction, and it's typically faster than the single rider line. You're given priority above anyone else.

I still think that even at peak season if you are going solo you will be able to ride everything in single rider...