Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 65 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That makes sense. I should have thought about it that way, but in my brain it got categorized as an "original" since wasn't 1:1 to the source material. Either way, I hope that is the case!

Yeah, I can totally see how one might get a little confused about it. But a real good way to think about it is it's not about being 1:1 to the source material, it's more due to the fact that HHN still needs to get permission from the owners/studio to use those specific characters as they're IP.

Reactions: deadbydawn
Yeah, I can totally see how one might get a little confused about it. But a real good way to think about it is it's not about being 1:1 to the source material, it's more due to the fact that HHN still needs to get permission from the owners/studio to use those specific characters as they're IP.
Being that The Bride of Frankenstein is one of my all time favorite films, I should have thought about it!

If the Pig is TCM, maybe it’s the recent Netflix one. It wouldn’t be a repeat and often there is a Netflix house. There are rumblings of sequel in the works so Netflix may want to get people to remember this one again.

Other pig head movies that come to mind are Winnie the Pooh blood and honey (lol) and any of the Saw movies.

H-lot 1. Obvious choice is Bride of Franky, but something else it could be is the Bride of Chucky.

The only thing so far that is disappointing to me is the music themed house. I know it probably brings in an audience but I’d prefer we stick to movies/shows.

I can't imagine any creative drumming up that lineup and thinking "ah yes, this will be the biggest year ever! Wait until they get a load of TCM for the 6th (7th?!) time! Insidious for a 4th time! They had the Stranger Things monster 3 times before, now here's AQP monster that'll look exactly the same! More UCM! More Blumhouse! More fun with Ghostbusters! More dancing through mazes with The Weeknd!"

It all looks like pivots and last second fixes.

I understand nothing has been confirmed, but just going off of the rumors, the line up sounds very….underwhelming. Doesn’t sound like it will hold a candle to last year.

With that said, I’m getting flashbacks of 2022 speculation. I recall speculation pointing to a lot of familiar IPs/repeats and it ended up being one of the better years for me. I’m not excited about TCM and Insidious being back for the 37474th time as well as Ghostbusters, but it’s extremely possible I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

I understand nothing has been confirmed, but just going off of the rumors, the line up sounds very….underwhelming. Doesn’t sound like it will hold a candle to last year.

With that said, I’m getting flashbacks of 2022 speculation. I recall speculation pointing to a lot of familiar IPs/repeats and it ended up being one of the better years for me. I’m not excited about TCM and Insidious being back for the 37474th time as well as Ghostbusters, but it’s extremely possible I’ll be pleasantly surprised.
The speculation just doesn’t add up to me right now. I can’t imagine Murdy saying there’d be no literal repeats, and then you end up with 4 not-literal-but-still repeats (Insidious, Ghostbusters, TCM, Weeknd) to go along with a run of the mill UM maze, an IP no one really wants (AQP) and a couple of originals. I feel like this is back to 2023 when everything was held so close to the vest that no one really had any idea what was going on.

Honestly, I’ve kinda given up on spec this year. Things appear to be shifting around way more than they usually do. Feels like maybe the info streams have been throw out of sync, or maybe people are just being extra coy about stuff this year. Just gonna ride it out and see what happens over the summer.

Rate 1-10 on this potential lineup
TCM sequel
Insidious 5
Blumhouse TT
Ghostbusters sequel
Latin America
Exterminatorz
AQP
Weeknd II
UM: BOF II

Looking at the map, the logo at Waterworld I believe is a Purge symbol, so likely the return (or hopefully a different and much improved version) of Dangerous Waters.

Also if I may ask, do we know why they don't just bring back Slaughterworld?

Looking at the map, the logo at Waterworld I believe is a Purge symbol, so likely the return (or hopefully a different and much improved version) of Dangerous Waters.

Also if I may ask, do we know why they don't just bring back Slaughterworld?
Because why do slaughterworld when you have an ip that would get people to actually attend the show?
As a house
Is that on the spec map?

What do you guys think that Quonset but on fire is??
I promise I don't wanna stoke this discourse again, but genuinely my first thought with the radiation symbol being on it was Fallout. Sure it doesn't have the little indicator that it's an IP, but up until now we've only seen them use those for Movies and now Musicians too, i dunno if it applies to video games.
Wouldn't hold my breath though, very easy second answer would just be an original also themed to a nuclear apocalypse.

I promise I don't wanna stoke this discourse again, but genuinely my first thought with the radiation symbol being on it was Fallout. Sure it doesn't have the little indicator that it's an IP, but up until now we've only seen them use those for Movies and now Musicians too, i dunno if it applies to video games.
Wouldn't hold my breath though, very easy second answer would just be an original also themed to a nuclear apocalypse.
It’s not Fallout.

It’s not Fallout.
Lol
should the goldbergs GIF by TV Land