Future Annual Pass Benefits? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Annual Pass Benefits?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hey guys! Just got an annual pass for the first time last week (it was cheaper than paying for 4 days in July and 4 in October) and was wondering, besides the benefits listed on the Universal site, are there any other perks? Like as in exclusive AP pins or lanyards? And where would I find out about stuff like that?

There are typically special edition pins, mardi gras beads, and dog tags at the main Universal stores during special events like Mardi Gras, HHN, etc.

They keep them in the drawers at certain cash registers so you need to actually go up to the cashier to see them.

Not many people know about the side entrance at uni. I always use it and there is never anyone there. I love it. I wish they had something like that at islands. The loyalty program sound great. Being a passholder and going for me atleast two or three times a month that would be awesome for me.

- - - Updated - - -

This would be a great topic I would love to hear talked about on the podcast. :smiley:

Me neither, I thought the second entrance had gone with the old Hard Rock Cafe (or was that for re-entrance only?).

Yeah, thats a valid point. If your phone dies, can't park hop or ride HE. What if you rent a locker in one park and your phone dies in the other. besides that, I LOVE the idea.

They could issue a plastic sticker with embedded passive RDID. No power is required to it never runs out.

I've had one for my credit card for the last few years now which I can stick to anything, such as my mobile phone.
It's quite useful, but it's been integrated into my credit card for 8 years now, personally I don't find getting out my wallet an issue.

They need to do a Passholder weekend. Hour early entrance both parks,extra few hours at 1 park IE stay at IOA 2 hours past close Saturday and Studio's 2 hours past Close Sunday .They need to add something to make up for pass renewal increase.So you feel you are still getting a good value for your money.
With the increase I may start getting passes every other year or every third year alternating with Sea World ,Busch Gardens Passes .
Free Lanyard's,Bottle Water ,Snacks.Ect with your pass

I still have my original red AP from 12 years ago. It is still in decent condition is in better shape than the AP passes that other members of my family own. Maybe one of the loyalty benefits could be the printing of a special, customized plastic AP pass?
Got mine still too. It's the only reason I haven't converted to monthly payments. It kills me in the Fall cause I have 3 to renew plus HHN passes! I like Sea Worlds approach - you can get plastic for an extra $5. In their case it goes towards their animal efforts but I'd pay it as a premium to UO if it was offered.

I've heard from some people that they were doing early entry for AP holders earlier in the year. Are they still doing this for the summer?
I think it was April or May. They usually do it once or twice a year but when DA arrived it changed to weekdays only. It's usually advertised in the AP newsletter and e-mails.

This a question to you more experienced vets: what's the magical formula they used to determine the price for an annual pass? I still look over my shoulder when I go to Uni because I feel one day they are going to tell me that I can't use mine anymore. :shifty: lol