Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is no one else surprised that no kind of refurbishment or enhancements were announced to be in store for Jurassic Park- The Ride? Granted, maybe that is just something they'll suddenly do without making any kind of announcement, but there is going to be a new film coming out in just a little over a year. I'd be shocked if they didn't make some kind of adjustments to the ride to coincide with the release of a new film (which is a big deal that there will be one, given the last film came out in 2001).
Did they make any adjustments to the ride for the other movies? I hope they do. It's do for some new animatronics. Maybe they will make the falling jeep look like it's actually going to fall instead of slowing down 2/3 of the way down.

Did they make any adjustments to the ride for the other movies? I hope they do. It's do for some new animatronics. Maybe they will make the falling jeep look like it's actually going to fall instead of slowing down 2/3 of the way down.
They added new water gags when the third movie came out (Remember the "Jurassic Park III Summer Splash?"), but that's it.

The entire screen/practical effect concept really intrigues me.

I'd love to see them incorporate some sort of large scale practical effect alongside a projected background. It'll be a first among the industry.

The entire screen/practical effect concept really intrigues me.I'd love to see them incorporate some sort of large scale practical effect alongside a projected background. It'll be a first among the industry.
The one thing I personally don't like about King Kong 360 is that it's like Shrek 4d in the like that, yeah your moving around and you jolt quickly, but for me, it's not as thrilling as a ride when you know it's just a screen.

I hope the attraction is gonna be longer than Kong. I don't think they'll have to be as worried about trams being backed up at the F&F location as they are next to Kong usually.

So, have any officially released facts revealed hints about how different it'll be from Kong in terms of size or anything?

I think I read another "world's largest 3D screens" bit somewhere. Not sure if this means bigger than Kong, exactly the same as Kong, or if someone's just assuming this tagline will pertain to both attractions.

In Kong there are two screens. One on each side. With Fast and Furious I believe it is a single screen. Not only will the screen cover the sides of the tram, but the front as well.

Here is the information Universal released. I will highlight the important stuff.

The dynamic hydraulic motion-based ride will tell an original Fast & Furious story that fuses sophisticated hyper-realistic special effects with a state-of-the-art 3D audio system and 3D-HD imagery, projected onto the world’s longest and most expansive 360-degree screen. Spanning nearly 400 feet in length to encircle Studio Tour guests within a newly constructed 50,000-square-foot structure on the legendary backlot, the sprawling custom-built screen will employ 18, 4K projectors and a never-before-used front-projection system to fully envelope guests in unprecedented realism
Notice how the word "screen" is singular rather than plural. 400 feet is over twice as long as the Kong screens. Why would a screen need to be over twice as long as the tram? That would be pointless unless it stretched to both sides of it. The front projection part simply means the there will be projection in front of the tram.

Any new details on Fast and Furious: Supercharged from the Employee" tell all" event today?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: William
Here is the information Universal released. I will highlight the important stuff.

Notice how the word "screen" is singular rather than plural. 400 feet is over twice as long as the Kong screens. Why would a screen need to be over twice as long as the tram? That would be pointless unless it stretched to both sides of it. The front projection part simply means the there will be projection in front of the tram.
Front projection:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Front_projection_effect

Its very likely that there will be practical effects and objects mixed in to this attraction.

Last edited by a moderator: