Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder if a tram tour and F&F:S replacement are progressing hand in hand.
I hope so

Universal to me is too hush hush on things. I like Disney giving us a pretty clear roadmap plus we get bonus things like Snow white being redone, or Red in Pirates etc

Its basically summer, it would be nice to know what the plans are like are they going to have a themed event in the main area like years ago? Which nighttime show will be back (my guess is dark arts but would love something new) are night time tram rides coming back? etc

Universal to me is too hush hush on things. I like Disney giving us a pretty clear roadmap plus we get bonus things like Snow white being redone, or Red in Pirates etc

Its basically summer, it would be nice to know what the plans are like are they going to have a themed event in the main area like years ago? Which nighttime show will be back (my guess is dark arts but would love something new) are night time tram rides coming back? etc

Counterpoint: we don't get canceled projects and announcements YEARS before ground is broken*. Plus even Disney isn't announcing when summer stuff is coming back till very close to the time, so I'm not surprised.

*Nintendo being the exception that proves the rule.

I hope so

Eh…last time they announced something way far in advance was Hulk right? And the difference between the press release and finished product ended up disappointing a bunch of people. Better to just keep your cards close to the vest and let people take the finished product for what it is vs. what it could be.

This would be an AWESOME addition. Not just as a fix for the current F&F representation in the parks, but also as a good in-between coaster which every Universal resort lacks right now. Hopefully it’s a success that finds its way to Orlando.

If it DOES replace Mummy, has anyone checked to see how those building dimensions compare to Supercharged?

Eh…last time they announced something way far in advance was Hulk right? And the difference between the press release and finished product ended up disappointing a bunch of people.

They didn't say much, the disappointment came from our speculation and changed plans (see: Hagrid).

Eh…last time they announced something way far in advance was Hulk right? And the difference between the press release and finished product ended up disappointing a bunch of people. Better to just keep your cards close to the vest and let people take the finished product for what it is vs. what it could be.

This would be an AWESOME addition. Not just as a fix for the current F&F representation in the parks, but also as a good in-between coaster which every Universal resort lacks right now. Hopefully it’s a success that finds its way to Orlando.

If it DOES replace Mummy, has anyone checked to see how those building dimensions compare to Supercharged?
I mean they annoucned the third theme park in Florida and yes the Pandemic pushed it back but we got an outline of an idea 3 years a head. I'd take evn the next 12-16 months. Hell they werent even telling people about Nintendo land until 2 months ago.....its called Hype. Hype us up and also get feedback from literally the people who are going to come to your park

I mean they annoucned the third theme park in Florida and yes the Pandemic pushed it back but we got an outline of an idea 3 years a head. I'd take evn the next 12-16 months. Hell they werent even telling people about Nintendo land until 2 months ago.....its called Hype. Hype us up and also get feedback from literally the people who are going to come to your park

I hear you but I think theme parks are just a different business. High operating leverage businesses are more prone to budget cuts anyway and theme parks are unique in that they match that with a super public scale. Hype is great, but on the flip side you run the risk of pulling a Main Street theater if you get people excited before all the ducks are in a row.

They didn't say much, the disappointment came from our speculation and changed plans (see: Hagrid).
Didn’t they originally announce a new storyline with the General and something where riders could see themselves turn into mini-Hulks? None of that happened.

In any case I was literally agreeing with you lol

Didn’t they originally announce a new storyline with the General and something where riders could see themselves turn into mini-Hulks? None of that happened.

I know you're agreeing, I wanted to correct the record lol

I hear you but I think theme parks are just a different business. High operating leverage businesses are more prone to budget cuts anyway and theme parks are unique in that they match that with a super public scale. Hype is great, but on the flip side you run the risk of pulling a Main Street theater if you get people excited before all the ducks are in a row.

A perfect example is the tram....what are they working on? They can't tell us at all?

To me USH needs a blog like Disney and give us art and hints at what is to come, hell maybe even let us vote sometimes so we can special meet and greets/characters out based on that.

Reactions: UNIrd and Jamesh22
I think Disney has continually proven that announcing something too early can build unreasonable expectations. And Universal has proven that they can cancelled projects at a moment's notice (HPVR), so announcing something too early would just be a bad call imo. Their current method has proven effective

I think Disney has continually proven that announcing something too early can build unreasonable expectations. And Universal has proven that they can cancelled projects at a moment's notice (HPVR), so announcing something too early would just be a bad call imo. Their current method has proven effective
Middle ground is what I’d like

Also Disney is still theme park king
Sure get upset sometime but the GE public seem to not care

I'd say a good middle ground would be when a project is under that of the 30-40% of being constructed. Give it time to where they cannot back out whatso-ever, but enough time to where the delay in information doesn't come as noticeable. Save long term aspects, for things like say, Studio investments where you have to be straight-forward almost immediately because of what it means for other groups planning to do shoots.

Moving back to F&F, I really wonder what the vehicles look like. They've done Hagrid's motor-car, why not do mini versions of the Charger and Nissan?

Moving back to F&F, I really wonder what the vehicles look like. They've done Hagrid's motor-car, why not do mini versions of the Charger and Nissan?

I want this if for no other reason than Nitro boost lights on the back of the cars which would look incredible at night.

I want this if for no other reason than Nitro boost lights on the back of the cars which would look incredible at night.
Like, Intamin has proved they can do movie-accurate vehicles. I get the need if it get changed to be four person cars, but make it feel like you are actually in Dom's Dodge Charger, Brian's Nissan Skyline, throw a bone even to the Tokyo Drift Extreme Close-Up Picture Cars.

LET ME HAVE MY GASOLINA BACK, UNIVERSAL.

I have an idea that will probably won't happen but…a man can dream:

So how ‘bout this: Replace Simpsons with the Fast and Furious coaster. There's a decent amount of space they could work with around there. That way once they phase out Springfield, it makes the reskin to a generic NY-street well-rounded, giving the end of the street a "weenie". We lose a mediocre simulator ride to a coaster. Sounds good, right?

And here's the best part of that scenario: Mummy could stick around a little while longer to hold us over until Fast opens. That way the park won't be out of a major coaster for several years until this opens up. Once Fast opens where Simpsons would be, now you can get rid of Mummy and put another coaster that would be themed to JW, giving that section of the lower lot a cohesive, well-rounded area.

Put me in charge of USH and I'll do wonders ;)

If the coaster is on the upper lot I have to believe they're ultra serious about the terraforming plans I've heard about a year/ two back for the upper lot.

By Terraforming am I right to assume we mean expanding the footprint of the UL out onto the hilside on a number of sides?

Reactions: chris.g