Fan Webcast with CEO | Inside Universal Forums

Fan Webcast with CEO

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think that's why they told everyone last minute and only sent the email to pass holders.

Agreed. I think it will be a much smaller group. However Passholders were told about it in advance because I got an e-mail before about this, but today is when we were able to sign up. I imagine they will screen questions to be honest with you. I would love to hear the conversation.

ETA: I got the first e-mail about this on March 24th.

So I managed to catch bits and pieces as I had it on my phone while my daughter was in dance class. But I had to stop it a couple times for various things. They will do more of these including live ones in each of the 3 parks. He talked about the partnership and what it means. Both the Human Society and Sea World do not see eye to eye on everything, but the key parts they agree on are caring for animals, Sea Worlds Rescue division, that without Sea World there would be no Rescue and that would be bad, the Orcas should NOT be released, and that they are both for zoos that are accredited. Which means the Human Society believes there are reasons for captivity including research, education, and Rescue/rehabilitation. So while PETA may want to shut Sea World down and want all animals in all zoos released, that is NOT what the human society wants. Sea World is not giving money to the human society. They are just partnering so people hear from someone else that releasing the Orcas is bad and that Sea World does very good things with their rescue group and that it is needed. They wanted someone to partner with so the public would believe Sea World when they said these things. The educational shows will be timed and have elements in them, but will be more focused on their natural instinct type things. So the theaters sound like they are being kept. The tanks as they are today will be staying, but they will be enhancing the tanks. Blue World is not happening because they felt since they have the largest tanks in the world and exceed all government standards that the money would be better spent enhancing the current tanks and taking the rest of the money to put towards their rescue efforts. The addressed whether other shows would stop and they said they want to see how the Orca shows work out and they will evaluate them further, but that they rescue a ton of dolphins and that the other animal programs would not be ending. They did this not because of PETA, but because of the government policy changes happening and society changes. They flat out said if they did not change there was going to be no Sea World as all the research out there they did basically said more and more people would stop going to Sea World because more and more people disliked the breeding program. So they felt making this move would allow them to still exist and still to the rescue work needed.

They really said many times how much they appreciated the fans and passholders and they hoped that people would continue their support because Sea World needs us. They said that a million times and they said they would do more things like this to really answer all the questions they can. They also plan live ones with the President of that park and hopefully Joe if he can make it. But he stressed how they had to do this move to survive and that they really appreciate all the support we gave Sea World over the years and they don't want to lose us.

Overall I think it went well, I am sure I missed stuff or remember stuff wrong as I was watching my daughter and also in and out as my phone was being odd. So hopefully someone else can correct anything I stated wrong and also say more. I asked when the Orlando shows would end, but I have no clue if that question ever got answered. They said they would post unanswered questions that were asked by multiples that they didn't get to answer along with the answers.

I didn't realise that. Definately for the best. This is actually quite a bold move by SeaWorld and I think it should be applauded by the industry.
I think that depends on what happened during the call. Were there questions actually being answered or was it purely promotional?

Last edited:
I think that depends on what happened during the call. Was it there questions actually being answered or was it purely promotional.

They pre-screened the questions. You typed them in and they answered as many as they could. So if they got an odd one from PETA no one would ever know.

Reactions: WAJAS
They pre-screened the questions. You typed them in and they answered as many as they could. So if they got an odd one from PETA no one would ever know.
Nice. Sounds like this was set up very similar to Investor Day, which was the smart way to go.

Thanks for the summary btw.

Last edited: