DreamWorks Land (General Discussion) | Page 69 | Inside Universal Forums

DreamWorks Land (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There was an elevator under the stage for Barney's entrance, although this would break down from time to time when I worked there (circa 2010-2011). It would not surprise me if they abandoned that completely in the last couple years, as it was a costly effect to keep running. Backstage, there was a small "basement" to the building for this purpose.

You can see the outline here:

View attachment 21966
That’s awesome! Crazy they went that far for 1 effect.

Looks like the barricades are ready to block of additional paint work.

Last remaining remnants after that will be the flags, would imagine it will be a generic assortment of Universal logos. Would be cool to see flags w/ the different Uni logo over time or older IP logos.

Uh oh.

DON'T LET THE FLAGS FALL!
giphy.gif

Looks like the barricades are ready to block of additional paint work.

Last remaining remnants after that will be the flags, would imagine it will be a generic assortment of Universal logos. Would be cool to see flags w/ the different Uni logo over time or older IP logos.
I think the flags will be themed to Animal Actors

Reactions: Ahmanet
Yeah, no nostalgia for this spot. Curious if they try to tie it into ET, make it a generic location, or even try to link it to the neighboring Spongebob store.
I'd be shocked if they don't turn it into the Krusty Krab (or a mini version), especially since the Kids park is getting one it seems.

Reactions: Ahmanet
I’ve also been told audio has been added to Trollercoaster? Can anyone else confirm?
I have heard from friends who went on the TM previews that it was royalty-free pop music playing around the coaster. Licensing Timberlake or Earth, Wind, Fire might not've been in the budget unfortunately. My friend's were pretty bummed honestly.

Hopefully they can trade over that pop music licensing money from HRRR to Trollercoaster next year haha.

Reactions: Ahmanet and Nico
I have heard from friends who went on the TM previews that it was royalty-free pop music playing around the coaster. Licensing Timberlake or Earth, Wind, Fire might not've been in the budget unfortunately. My friend's were pretty bummed honestly.

Hopefully they can trade over that pop music licensing money from HRRR to Trollercoaster next year haha.

Yeah - I noticed a few loops where it was royalty-free covers of some of the popular songs from the film (Like Accidentally in Love). Either way, at least there is *something*.

I got to check out the area and... the show is the clear winner here. It was jam packed with the land being essentially empty as it was only preview guests so it's going to be difficult to check out in the future. But the performers really sell it. They're super talented, especially the girl who plays Amara, and it's perfect for families.

Have any Trolls made an appearance yet?

Party can't truly start without them
They do appear in the dance show. However I don't think they have yet to appear in a proper meet and greet outside the show. Maybe that will change once the land officially opens.