DreamWorks Land (Opening June 14, 2024) | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

DreamWorks Land (Opening June 14, 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Genuine question… are flats that expensive? I just don’t see why 1 new flat can’t make it for next year. I’m not doubting the theming will be major upgrade but it feels like a lantern flat ride for KFP would do wonders.

Cheap to build, but they're not a major draw so they're easy to cut - even though it fills a purpose, adds capacity, increase kinetic energy in the area and provide more to do.

Regarding planned phases, I don't doubt Universal has intentions to build more beyond this current phase... but parks suffer from a severe case of having a new project replace the previously considered attraction:
  • Jurassic Helicopter Tours > Van Helsing > Forbidden Journey
  • Beastly Kingdom > "Temporary" Camp Minnie Mickey (Don't worry we'll build Beastly Kingdome eventually) > Pandora

For Epic as an example, I don't doubt a 2nd phase Creature attraction is in the works now, but Universal can change their minds pretty frequently, and 3-4 years from now they could land the rights to newer hotter IPs they'd rather focus on.

Hypothetical -

2024 - KidZone Featuring Dreamworks opens
2026 - Small flat added (KFP Lanterns)
2028 - Dark ride added (tied into Shrek reboot)

Suddenly, you’ve turned your single expansion into three.
As fun as your hypothetical sounds, there would be a near zero percent chance that universal would ever open up just a flat ride on its own without doing a “mini land” retail/food addition alongside.

If anything happens, it will be all at once. Not in 3 steps.
And that’s a giant if.
Let’s be real, this is all we’re getting here.

Fear factors shuttering, F&F being in limbo, MiB being one repair away from not being able to get parts for a ride system, or Simpsons nearing its renewal are all significantly higher priority than anything in this area.

I hate to be the dark cloud here, but losing SNW in this location is maybe the biggest miss (personally) in all of UOR in the last decade.
Simply because whatever would have replaced SNW at EU would be 5000x better than this land.
As it stands, this just feels like a cheap budget-focused afterthought. Which, of course, it is.

As fun as your hypothetical sounds, there would be a near zero percent chance that universal would ever open up just a flat ride on its own without doing a “mini land” retail/food addition alongside.

If anything happens, it will be all at once. Not in 3 steps.
And that’s a giant if.
Let’s be real, this is all we’re getting here.

Fear factors shuttering, F&F being in limbo, MiB being one repair away from not being able to get parts for a ride system, or Simpsons nearing its renewal are all significantly higher priority than anything in this area.

I hate to be the dark cloud here, but losing SNW in this location is maybe the biggest miss (personally) in all of UOR in the last decade.
Simply because whatever would have replaced SNW at EU would be 5000x better than this land.
As it stands, this just feels like a cheap budget-focused afterthought. Which, of course, it is.
Nintendo is a reason the park was likely greenlit though, it’s the anchor arguably alongside Potter. I get your overall point but I think things are the way they should be. There’s room for a dark ride in Kidzone, I definitely see it happening one day.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Yes, thankfully it'll have to be monsters focused, but they could come up with a 100 different ideas between now and whenever they greenlit construction. New Fantasyland went through god knows how many iterations even after its official announcement.
Well aware, but no matter what it looks like it will have to be the THEME we want, even if it isn’t the exact ride.

As far as KidZone goes, my question is, does the SLOP ride in Hollywood take up that entire building it is being held within?

What are we realistically looking at for space for a dark ride or similar type of attraction?

My eyes are specifically focused on the Kung Fu Panda area back in the Curious George area.1C45DC1A-C13D-4491-969C-BED72A5C1D37.jpeg0DA72DE5-467A-44DC-ACAB-85A3CB4F869C.jpeg

Reactions: EnigmaticGear
Yes, thankfully it'll have to be monsters focused, but they could come up with a 100 different ideas between now and whenever they greenlit construction. New Fantasyland went through god knows how many iterations even after its official announcement.
I was recently informed by this board’s insiders that the Creature expansion has cooled off significantly. Apparently, the first expansions we would see to EU are Potter and Mario.

I was recently informed by this board’s insiders that the Creature expansion has cooled off significantly. Apparently, the first expansions we would see to EU are Potter and Mario.
True. But..all insiders will also say that rumors are just that until they are confirmed. Very well could be how it goes down, until it doesn’t. We’ve seen it happen before; in the original version of this thread in fact. :lmao:

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
I don’t think you should be allowed to express an opinion on this topic unless you are, presently, a child.
I mean you can express any opinion you want.

You just sound out of touch.

I get it, I used to be that way too. You'll grow out of it.

My 4 year old daughter has watched @Alicia ’s videos and she is excited.

I would like more for her to do, but this seems to be addressing a need as she is not familiar with Feivel, but is very aware of Trolls, Kung Fu Panda, and Puss in Boots.
My kid's never really watched any of these movies, but they'll have a ball because it's an area designed with her in mind.

Reactions: ReelJustice
I mean you can express any opinion you want.

You just sound out of touch.

I get it, I used to be that way too. You'll grow out of it.

My kid's never really watched any of these movies, but they'll have a ball because it's an area designed with her in mind.
Thanks for the condescending gatekeeping, guy on a theme park message board.

By the way, the opinion I expressed was on the history of theme park “phase 2”s, which is generally not a child-specific topic.

Thanks for the condescending gatekeeping, guy on a theme park message board.

By the way, the opinion I expressed was on the history of theme park “phase 2”s, which is generally not a child-specific topic.
Your whole thing is “judging the quality of what we see”, and you’re clearly negative on it because it’s not for you.

My 4 year old daughter has watched @Alicia ’s videos and she is excited.

I would like more for her to do, but this seems to be addressing a need as she is not familiar with Feivel, but is very aware of Trolls, Kung Fu Panda, and Puss in Boots.

The kids aren't dressing as Feivel for Purim.

Tom Cruise Dance GIF

Reactions: Jwhee
It’s always amusing to me when the childless get up in arms about things for children
I’ve had my kids going to universal multiple times a year since my youngest was 1.

I’ve been well aware of the lack of stuff for children. And have even recommended (to the normies) that no one bring their kids until they are 42” and to stick to the mouse until then. I specifically remember commenting about Kong being 36” as great when that ride came out.

Now that it’s established I have children, I guess that means I’m allowed to have a valid opinion about things for children.

So with that out of the way; this area is a budget-focused afterthought and it could have been SO much more. And it isn’t.
Enjoy one roller coaster with one train. They really smashed this one out of the park.

Last edited: