DreamWorks Land (Opening June 14, 2024) | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

DreamWorks Land (Opening June 14, 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not that it makes up for it but I think PeopleMover has more walkable path on sides of vehicle than Universal rides. You get out on PeopleMover you’re fine. You get out on most of Seuss Trolley you fall 40 feet.
I see that, but Dumbo would be a decent fall too and that is just a seatbelt. Heck astro orbitor was interesting and even higher.

I see that, but Dumbo would be a decent fall too and that is just a seatbelt. Heck astro orbitor was interesting and even higher.
Guests are more likely to stay seated on those rides though because the immediate consequence is far more clear and dire to guests. Hopping off something with a track like Trolley/Yoshi/etc. seems safer to guests because there's not an instant fall despite the fact that there are still very real dangers to them hopping off of the ride. It is what it is because human beings can't behave unfortunately. Jumpers are painfully common and a real issue.

Well those rides also have sensors so if a seatbelt is unbuckled mid ride, the attraction goes down. It’s unfortunate with the height restrictions for certain attractions but it’s all for safety’s sake.

They are also within the view of ride ops at all times. An attraction like Yoshi or the Trolley are too far away from the station/ride ops to just get away with seatbelts and some sensors.

Well those rides also have sensors so if a seatbelt is unbuckled mid ride, the attraction goes down. It’s unfortunate with the height restrictions for certain attractions but it’s all for safety’s sake.

They are also within the view of ride ops at all times. An attraction like Yoshi or the Trolley are too far away from the station/ride ops to just get away with seatbelts and some sensors.
I don't think Dumbo does, last time I was on it I swear it was just a normal snap like a backpack snap. I don't remember it being anything fancy. But it has been several years. But people mover and spaceship earth don't even have seat belts. They do have sensors if you get out of car, but again pretty far away. I think big thing is Universal is more cautious than the mouse and other parks.

Reactions: Michael S
Peoplemover has cameras throughout the ride

They are also within the view of ride ops at all times. An attraction like Yoshi or the Trolley are too far away from the station/ride ops to just get away with seatbelts and some sesensors.
Having sat in the control booth & drop booth for Jurassic, watching those screens is hell. Because you have to monitor every scene all at once. And hoping you don't have to be the one to push the E-Stop (woo paperwork)

Rides like Peoplemover are also grandfathered in as "safe," whereas you could not build the same ride today without accounting for additional safety systems. Universal does not operate anything that old - Peoplemover at MK dates back to 1975, about 50 years before Yoshi opens at EU in 2025. Safety (and lawsuits) have come a long way.

Not that it makes up for it but I think PeopleMover has more walkable path on sides of vehicle than Universal rides. You get out on PeopleMover you’re fine. You get out on most of Seuss Trolley you fall 40 feet.
This is a pretty big one. I've heard people complain about the Suess restraints, but that ride has some really crazy elements that are wayyy more open-air than anything on the Peoplemover. I also think the restraints allow for the ride vehicles themselves to look far more interesting and in-theme than the Peoplemover's non-descript box-y look.

This is a pretty big one. I've heard people complain about the Suess restraints, but that ride has some really crazy elements that are wayyy more open-air than anything on the Peoplemover. I also think the restraints allow for the ride vehicles themselves to look far more interesting and in-theme than the Peoplemover's non-descript box-y look.
Issue with Seuss trolley aren't the restraints, it's how difficult it is to get in and out of the vehicle itself lol

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Wrong. As someone who has had to deal with park guests first hand, I assure you... there are A LOT of parents who think the park(s) (and employees) are their "babysitter".

Common sense goes out the door the second they step through the gates.
Shocking, what’s wrong with people?