Disney Dining Recommendations | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Dining Recommendations

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 7, 2018
Hello, starting this thread for anyone planning a trip, including myself.

Disney dining options are extremely overwhelming. I don’t know what to choose, I don’t know when/where to make reservations, yelp reviews only go so far. I trust the IU users to help me and many others in the future here.

Whether it is upscale, casual, Disney springs, resort, in park, quick service, Epcot Food Festival, a general plea here for people to post their favorite Disney dining experiences and their planning if possible. I am currently scheduling a trip for either September, or January, and am curious how to approach this in general.

Any, and all advice is appreciated for this overwhelming task!

Reactions: belloq87
Wine Bar George -- any meal but especially brunch.

You'll hear this a lot, but only because it's that good -- Homecomin'.

Skipper Canteen in MK just because it's fun but also quality.

I generally just use the app for any of these.

I know they aren't regarded as high falutin, but I am a personal fan of fun atmospheric places, food quality as long as it is passable doesn't matter too much to me.

That said, Sci-Fi Dine-In and 50's Primetime are favorites across the board at Hollywood Studios. The atmosphere in both places can't be beat personally, and they are precisely the fun, themed experiences I want from my theme park dining. If I had to prioritize one over the other, probably Primetime, but both are equally fun!

Biergarten in Germany at EPCOT also takes the cake for fantastic theming and delicious buffet-style food. The band is so fun to catch, and nothing like having a beer in the simulated moonlight.

Not necessarily a restaurant, and not a place you can make a reservation for, but Trader Sam's is a definite must do as well, even if you aren't intending on drinking, for the atmosphere and cast interactions alone. The smaller your group the more likely you are to make it in, especially if you don't mind waiting a bit.

Have not tried Skipper Canteen yet, but very much want to in the future!

Even if you don't eat here I'd come Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafeto to see Sonny Eclipse, if your into Animatronics. Not recommending the food just a fun atmosphere

Sanaa.

Homecomin and Edison are also pretty good.

ADRs for the DS restaurants are sometimes tough to get. Touring Plans Reservation Finder actually works really well if you can't land one.

And don't do DDP.

How much are you willing to spend? What sort of things are you looking for? This is like saying you're going to NYC and asking for the best restaurants - you'll get 25 different answers.

Very specific question here-has anyone been to Port Orleans Riverside food court lately? The reason I’m asking g is because in the app their entire “entries” section is gone. It used to have things like gumbo, jambalaya, and salmon. Now all that’s listed is burgers, sandwiches and pizza.

Wondering g if it’s a glitch in the app or have they severely cut back on the offerings?

Here are some of my favorite go-tos, at a variety of price and scope levels (and not knowing fully what your taste in food and drink is, @Cup_Of_Coffee!):

Magic Kingdom
- Sleepy Hollow Refreshments: the sweet & spicy chicken-waffle sandwich is one of my favorite options for lunch.

Epcot
- Spice Road Table (Morocco): if you're willing to try some Mediterranean small plates, this menu has a great variety, and everything I've ever had here has been quite tasty. Good cocktails, too, and beautiful lagoon views. I've never made a reservation here, but have been able to walk up and put my name in, and usually get called back within 5 minutes.
- Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar (Italy): essential if you like wine. The wine list is extensive, and the atmosphere is phenomenal. Don't know their procedure post-pandemic, but prior, you had to walk up and ask about availability.
- Hard to predict exactly what the Festival booths will have on offer, but India has had a Madras Curry dish in the past that I thought was excellent, and Spain's charcuterie cup is a good (portable) sampling of olives, cured meats, and cheeses.
- If you need to satisfy your sweet tooth, almost literally anything inside Karamell-Kuche in Germany is worth trying.

Hollywood Studios
- Ronto Roasters: an obvious and slightly boring suggestion, but I think the Ronto Wrap is a quality item! Can easily be a lunch in itself. I don't know if they're still mobile-order-only, but they were when I was last there.
- Sci-Fi Dine-In: the food is unremarkable (it's fine), but the atmosphere inside is exceptional. If you're a horror/sci-fi fan and want a table service meal in the park, it's a no-brainer. You'd need a reservation well in advance of your trip.
- Hollywood Brown Derby: generally I'd say it's quite overpriced except for the Cobb Salad... but that's a good enough item to make the Derby a place worth considering if you really want some Old Hollywood vibes. Definitely need a reservation in advance, though.

Animal Kingdom
- Satu'li Canteen: all the customizable bowls here are great (and a pretty solid value as far as theme park food pricing goes). They've been heavily pushing mobile order here.

Disney Springs
- I know it's a chain of sorts, so not especially exciting or unique-to-Disney... but the sandwiches at Earl of Sandwich are pretty good! Especially the Holiday Turkey. Line can be slow-moving depending on what time you're there, though.

Reactions: Jake S
Very specific question here-has anyone been to Port Orleans Riverside food court lately? The reason I’m asking g is because in the app their entire “entries” section is gone. It used to have things like gumbo, jambalaya, and salmon. Now all that’s listed is burgers, sandwiches and pizza.

Wondering g if it’s a glitch in the app or have they severely cut back on the offerings?
We were in the French Quarter end of April, but stopped to see the Riverside Food Court menu after dining at the excellent Boatwrights. At that time they had gumbo, jambalaya, roast beef french dip, etc. listed on the food areas. Over at the French Quarter, the menu at the food court had the NO cuisine also....But that was April.

Reactions: BigHouseFootball
Epcot
- Spice Road Table (Morocco): if you're willing to try some Mediterranean small plates, this menu has a great variety, and everything I've ever had here has been quite tasty. Good cocktails, too, and beautiful lagoon views. I've never made a reservation here, but have been able to walk up and put my name in, and usually get called back within 5 minutes.
can't believe I neglected this! also a great spot with great views of the lagoon. loved the small plates and the cocktails, too.