Comcast First Quarter 2023 Theme Park Fiscal Results | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Comcast First Quarter 2023 Theme Park Fiscal Results

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think you can solely attribute that to disney bookings....there is the other big elephant in the room which includes many organizations advicing not to travel to Florida for numerous reasons.
The Travel Agency just used Disney, Orlando & Anaheim, as an example. They said travel bookings are down nationwide.

Comcast stock closed up over 10% today, so Wall St. thinks they're doing something right despite the whole personnel kerfuffle last week.
That's why getting rid of someone like him right when you know you have a ridiculously successful quarter to report is the preferred way to do things for any company.

I don't think you can solely attribute that to disney bookings....there is the other big elephant in the room which includes many organizations advicing not to travel to Florida for numerous reasons.

Not turning this into a political discussion, but political issues don't make a significant impact on where people travel to unless there is civil unrest really. Travel in other locations such as cruising, Europe, Caribbean, are now recovering back to pre-Covid levels with the cruising industry finally on its feet.

Not to mention that in the past year, almost every news outlet has featured a story on just how expensive Orlando has become... including Universal.

So I'm sure epic Universe will do fine but will the resort not see the bump it wants if these trends continue?

So I'm sure epic Universe will do fine but will the resort not see the bump it wants if these trends continue?
Two years is a long time when it comes to the national economic situation. If a downturn occurs, and indicators seem to be
pointing in that direction, a bounce back would probably be in the works by summer 2025.

There are (and will be) many people with money to spend. All you have to do is look at the number of people who are always at the parks and how much they're spending on food and merchandise. You'll know when things are bad because you'll see more people picnicking in the parking lots and not getting every Loungefly backpack. As it stands the spending is still there and is not really being affected.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Lots of huge hotel discounts, for Florida residents, AP holders, and others recently announced for May. Haven't seen discounts like this for a good while. Guessing that this is a signal that May bookings are looking flat to Universal Orlando and Loew's execs.

Last edited:
Lots of huge hotel discounts, for Florida residents, AP holders, and others recently announced for May. Haven't seen discounts like this for a good while. Guessing that this is a signal that May bookings are looking flat to Universal Orlando and Loew's execs.

Quite a dilemma. I do think the parks were eventually going to have to let up in pricing regardless, but I have Vietnam flashbacks from 2020 and 2008 (can we at least wait til the next year of the rat in that case?).

Quite a dilemma. I do think the parks were eventually going to have to let up in pricing regardless, but I have Vietnam flashbacks from 2020 and 2008 (can we at least wait til the next year of the rat in that case?).
Probably a lot to due to coming economic and pocketbook issues, But some may be staying away for the same reason as a long time big spending tourist like me, namely a lesser park experience, less hotel value, and too long lines due to capacity issues during the last few visits. Overcrowding and long lines, with more expensive costs, gets old after a while.....At least, they're making an effort to get the hotel pricing, and availability, back to where it was before the post covid hotel price gouging and holding back availability until the last moment. I'll give them that, as a positive.

Last edited: