Cinderella Castle Refurbishment? | Inside Universal Forums

Cinderella Castle Refurbishment?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oct 5, 2009
Miami, FL
IMG_0124.JPG Was at the parks this past weekend and noticed work being performed on the castle during park hours. In fact even during the stage show there was workers in a bucket working away on the upper portion of the castle. Not gonna say it ruined my day but it definitely ruined my pics for this trip with a big ugly crane all day and after at night after the fireworks.

View attachment 2890 Was at the parks this past weekend and noticed work being performed on the castle during park hours. In fact even during the stage show there was workers in a bucket working away on the upper portion of the castle. Not gonna say it ruined my day but it definitely ruined my pics for this trip with a big ugly crane all day and after at night after the fireworks.

Ugly crane stays from now through January. The take it down during the day mostly when they are not actively working but it is there behind the castle with a couple of weeks off for the parties. All the turrets were repainted a few years ago along with the skin.

Ugly crane stays from now through January. The take it down during the day mostly when they are not actively working but it is there behind the castle with a couple of weeks off for the parties. All the turrets were repainted a few years ago along with the skin.

Is it common to have workers on the castle during the day and during the stage show?? Can't remember the last time I saw such a sight.

I went to that lighting show the first year. I wept like a child. Thank goodness it was dark out. Is it pretty much the same show?

Yes, it is Disney, nothing much changes. Still brings emotions to the surface for me if I don't have to fight for a viewing spot.

Is it common to have workers on the castle during the day and during the stage show?? Can't remember the last time I saw such a sight.
Good show is not a priority any longer. They prep the castle for the lights, put the lights up before the end of August, move the crane out, keep the lights up through the marathon in January, then take them down and fix all the things that were damaged by the light nets for bout 4 weeks and the crane goes away mid-late February.

It used to be they would NEVER do that kind of stuff during park hours, but there's not enough downtime when the park runs from 8:00 to midnight or later so much of the time. Same reason they can't do maintenance for rides, monorails, etc. Operations needs things to run 18-20 hours a day.

Good show is not a priority any longer. They prep the castle for the lights, put the lights up before the end of August, move the crane out, keep the lights up through the marathon in January, then take them down and fix all the things that were damaged by the light nets for bout 4 weeks and the crane goes away mid-late February.

Yeah, the old WDW is either a myth or just not true any longer. My local neighbors hyped myths that were obviously not longer true.

Ah, the original was goofy noticing Main St USA being all decorated and then the pumpkin lady character asking for help from the crowds to decorate the castle.
I couldn't agree more. The new show is basically Elsa freezing the castle in ice (aka the lights) to decorate it for Winter.