Another Disney Lawsuit over GAC/DAS System | Inside Universal Forums

Another Disney Lawsuit over GAC/DAS System

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
“A.S.T. is incapable of understanding the concept of time, and thus cannot comprehend visiting an attraction in the present only to be told it cannot be experienced until sometime in the future,” says Tuesday’s filing of one such teen with autism.

Umm.. so they're suing because they don't automatically get to the front of the line at Disney Parks.

Umm.. so they're suing because they don't automatically get to the front of the line at Disney Parks.

Yes, essentially kids with Autism don't understand when they say they are going on the ride, then have to queue up. A very difficult issue.

Reading comments around the net, some people make an awkward but good point that when the kids are older and are out queueing for groceries and the like, the general public would not take kindly or understand a tantrum or altercation.

At the same time, I do understand that Disney is often used in the education and support of young people with autism, and a trip to the parks will help them bond with the characters and help them develop in other ways.

It really is a rock and a hard place.

One of my coworkers has a son with autism and he had nothing but praise for the new system.

I've gone to the parks with a friend of the family with autism and...how can anyone even complain? They are being accommodated. You don't have to stand in the line, you get to ride another ride or eat or shop while you virtually wait.. wait I just described FastPass. But you know what I mean. :lol: