American Heartland Theme Park (Oklahoma) | Inside Universal Forums

American Heartland Theme Park (Oklahoma)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm getting flashbacks to when that one group proposed two theme parks a while back, I forgot what they were called, but it was very clear it wasn't getting off the ground and the official presentation they had was a flat-out disaster.

EDIT - I just remembered what it was, DreamVision. There was DreamVision SoundScape for Muscle Shoals, AL. And DreamVision Mountain for Fort Worth, TX. Yanno', that had the involvement of folks in Disney, too...and someone who ended up sentanced to 10 years for massive fraud!

As for this one, so they wanna' build a $2 billion theme park in the middle of nowhere and it's estimated to attract over 4.9 million guests a year.

Now is it possible to build a successful theme park in the middle of nowhere? Yes! I think Silverwood is one of the best examples of that. But a very key thing is they started small, gradually built an audience and grew it from there. (Just a few days ago, they announced they're putting in the largest expansion to their waterpark, which is always great to see!)

But from the sounds of this one, they're not thinking small. They can just plop down a big park and it'll work, right? That's probably what Hard Rock Park thought. But if Hard Rock Park couldn't succeed in a far more populated area and get nowhere near their projected 3 million guests...how is this park going to nab a projected 4.9 million attendance in the middle of nowhere?

Last edited:
Lost Island was built pretty much in the middle of nowhere, as far as nearby big cities are concerned. Aside from De Moines, which is still about a 90 min drive (but having only a regional airport), the next major cities are Minneapolis or Omaha with about a 3.5 hour drive, or Chicago with about a 4.5 drive. I should know, I just did it.

Lost Island is a small, yet remarkable park, incredibly well-designed... but struggling to find an audience. This is a pic from my recent visit last week, and look in the background at the number of cars in the parking lot. It's not a lot.

Attachments

• IMG_7179.JPG
    IMG_7179.JPG
    498.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Yea because putting a theme park/RV park in tornado alley is a really good idea especially with extreme weather changes we are having....

But founder of this park owns a lot of AM stations and at a time over 800 pizza huts worldwide which he is used to fund/build this park.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grabnar
I think $2 billion is both way too much to spend for a park in the middle of nowhere with no population to sustain it, and too little for as ambitious a plan as they are presenting with park and hotel/indoor waterpark.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
Yea because putting a theme park/RV park in tornado alley is a really good idea especially with extreme weather changes we are having....

But founder of this park owns a lot of AM stations and at a time over 800 pizza huts worldwide which he is used to fund/build this park.
The son of the guy behind this park is sitting on a cool $22 Billion.

Takeaway 1: Huh, Charlotte's Web is public domain now?

Takeaway 2: A dozen former imagineers came up with a land centered on a mine train coaster and a flume ride? And a NJ boardwalk hotel? Oh, and a NOLA land with ... wait for it ... a pirate ride! Maybe Iger and Chapek weren't the problem after all.

• Haha
Reactions: Mad Dog and Grabnar
Lol

I thought people would be excited for another park to be opening...

I think it looks great if it gets built, It's within 5 hours of where I have family in Texas, so for sure will check it out

Reactions: JunoSynth
I think $2 billion is both way too much to spend for a park in the middle of nowhere with no population to sustain it, and too little for as ambitious a plan as they are presenting with park and hotel/indoor waterpark.

This is anti climate change post but I'm in my 50 years on Terra Firma in Arkansas. Climate continously changes without fail. Weather is no more extreme now than in 1980. What's changed is a cult tornado tracking community, vastly improved radar detection and post storm surveillance and many new home on places that didn't have them before. Population growth is certain areas also increase the chance of major damage. Social media and instantaneous news also magnifys every event. I remember what the Redneck Riviera was like in 1985 and what it is now. Target rich is what it has become. The Tornado that flattes and killed so many in and just outside OKC was pasture just a few years prior where the most devastating damage happened. If Climate did not change Minnesota and lots of New England would be covered by Glaciers.

Reactions: SkiBum
This is anti climate change post but I'm in my 50 years on Terra Firma in Arkansas. Climate continously changes without fail. Weather is no more extreme now than in 1980. What's changed is a cult tornado tracking community, vastly improved radar detection and post storm surveillance and many new home on places that didn't have them before. Population growth is certain areas also increase the chance of major damage. Social media and instantaneous news also magnifys every event. I remember what the Redneck Riviera was like in 1985 and what it is now. Target rich is what it has become. The Tornado that flattes and killed so many in and just outside OKC was pasture just a few years prior where the most devastating damage happened. If Climate did not change Minnesota and lots of New England would be covered by Glaciers.
i want what you are smoking, which dispensary do you go to, they must have some legendary strain i never heard of

Reactions: GAcoaster