• Announcements

    • Jon

      USHForums Rules - Please Read   02/22/2016

      USHForums.com is an online community dedicated to Universal Studios Hollywood. In an effort to spur discussion and to maintain a civil community, we’ve implemented the following rules below. Please read them. Forum organization: Univesal is organized under the umbrella Upper and Lower lot designations. As a result, USHForums is divided under three main categories - attractions, generalities and shops/restaurants Members who wish to discuss other topics are welcome to do so in the appropriate forum While we are not dogmatic about keeping everything limited to a single discussion thread, we do encourage members to seek out existing threads that may be suitable for your topic Our moderating staff will move threads and posts as they see fit
      Content It must be established that USHForums is private property. By registering on these forums, you agree to our rules and regulations Please keep your posts PG-13. This is an inclusive community, and we ask that you do not post offensive, pornographic, illegal or violent material on these forums Do note that posts relating to Halloween Horror Nights may include graphic descriptions and imagery, and are the only exception to this rule Stay on topic – please Posts that include online memes and GIFs do not add substance to the topic at hand, and may be removed without warning Do not plagiarize Please use discretion when posting external links, or links to social media posts We value original discussion and content above all else, so please don't make it a trend to simply repost content from other websites or social media accounts unless you are the original owner Political or religious content will be removed - be respectful and civil Content that is not original must be attributed to its original owner While we encourage fruitful debate, we do not tolerate abusive behavior Also keep in mind that by posting on a public forum, you may have your opinions or thoughts challenged by other members – be prepared to debate Links to Universal-relevant online auctions are permitted in the Backlot Café - one thread per member Respect Universal’s park rules This includes selfie-stick photos that peer over construction walls Content showing restricted areas or confidential material will be removed Universal team members, please be mindful that participating on these forums may not be permitted by your department Do not register if you feel that your employer may find your content or posts objectionable; use heavy discretion Please also be aware that Universal management (in all departments) does read these forums actively We will not retract statements made in haste unless compelled to do so by Universal directly - be careful with regards to what you post on these forums One account per member, please Multiple accounts are strictly prohibited and will result in a permanent ban Backseat moderation is absolutely prohibited If you see a potential area of concern, report it and move on Do not comment on the situation or dictate the actions of other members
      Moderation The moderation staff is here to keep the community civil, and have – unless overridden by an administrator – have oversight over the content and direction of this forum If you have an issue with a moderator, contact an administrator privately Members will be given three warnings before they are permanently banned Multiple accounts are not permitted Finally, please keep in mind that the moderating staff has the right to edit or remove posts as they see fit at any time. Last updated: March 27, 2017
    • Jon

      Want to upload images? Here's how!   03/14/2016

      If you'd like to post an image on the forums, we suggest registering an account on Flickr.com. Here's how:  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jonathan

Inside Universal Podcast - April 10, 2017

10 posts in this topic

We'll be recording an episode of the Inside Universal Podcast. Do you have any topics you'd like us to address?

Bernardmesa likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.) With what could be classified as the success of "From Coraline to Kubo - A Magical Lakia Experience", do you guy's think that we may see a potential resurgence of the NBCUniversal Experience for Universal Studios Hollywood?

2.) As Universal Studios Hollywood begins development on the backlot expansion and the Lower Lot expansion(s), do any of you guy's think that it may be possible of Universal Hollywood expanding it's soundstages to a certain grass plot of land east-bound of property, next to Little Europe and Wisteria Lane?

This is an image of what I am referring too.

lxo0XK0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Alexshow. said:

2.) As Universal Studios Hollywood begins development on the backlot expansion and the Lower Lot expansion(s), do any of you guy's think that it may be possible of Universal Hollywood expanding it's soundstages to a certain grass plot of land east-bound of property, next to Little Europe and Wisteria Lane?

This is an image of what I am referring too.

lxo0XK0.jpg

 

I think that land hasn't been built on because it's a fairly large hill, not a flat plot of grass by any means. But there were apartments rumored to go there at one point so I suppose they could put administrative offices and things like that on the hill. I'd love to hear what IU thinks on this as well. Here's what that hill looks like:

20ffhd.jpg

 

Edited by TheTFReview
Alexshow. and Chris Galindo like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheTFReview said:

 

I think that land hasn't been built on because it's a fairly large hill, not a flat plot of grass by any means. But there were apartments rumored to go there at one point so I suppose they could put administrative offices and things like that on the hill. I'd love to hear what IU thinks on this as well. Here's what that hill looks like:

20ffhd.jpg

 

Yeah, and in one of the proposed versions of the Evolution Plan, it was also going to be potentially new sets for houses. I am mainly simply curious, that is all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's been touched upon before, but Is the problem with Universal 3-D based attractions, or screen based attractions? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given our park's size, do you guys think our version of Nintendoland will be a full-fledged land like the Wizarding World or a mini-land like Despicable Me?

Bernardmesa and Goldblum like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, William said:

Given our park's size, do you guys think our version of Nintendoland will be a full-fledged land like the Wizarding World or a mini-land like Despicable Me?

Sorry William, the podcast was recorded yesterday. But we'll keep it for the next one.

William likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 4/9/2017 at 2:15 PM, Alexshow. said:

1.) With what could be classified as the success of "From Coraline to Kubo - A Magical Lakia Experience", do you guy's think that we may see a potential resurgence of the NBCUniversal Experience for Universal Studios Hollywood?

2.) As Universal Studios Hollywood begins development on the backlot expansion and the Lower Lot expansion(s), do any of you guy's think that it may be possible of Universal Hollywood expanding it's soundstages to a certain grass plot of land east-bound of property, next to Little Europe and Wisteria Lane?

This is an image of what I am referring too.

lxo0XK0.jpg

One thing: the building on the side of that hill is actually a child care center for Comcast NBCUniversal employees and will be closing down in around a year! A new center is being built near the former plot of the Red Sea. So this may be a hint that the Studio wants to do something with this land. 

Edited by Luke
Alexshow. likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0