Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Worker injured at Crush's Coaster (Disneyland Paris)

Jul 16, 2009
30 Rock
Dutch publication Looopings reports that an employee was seriously injured due to an incident at Crush's Coaster at Walt Disney Studios Paris.

(English translation)....

Crush's Coaster closed after overnight accident
One of the most popular attractions of the Walt Disney Studios, the rollercoaster Crush's Coaster , is closed until further notice due to a serious accident. On the Internet refers to an incident that occurred last night. In addition, an employee seriously injured. Further information is still lacking. Disney was not available for comment this afternoon.

Update on the employee's current condition from Screamscape...

(10/17/12) New information was sent in to Screamscape regarding the Crush’s Coaster incident. The 22-year old maintenance worker was injured early in the morning, long before the park opened to guests, at approximately 5am. According to what I’ve been told, he didn’t “fall” but rather fell INTO a piece of machinery he was working on, involving a belt drive and a pulley. His hand was pulled into the machine where I’m told part of his hand was severed. While in serious condition, sources tell us he was quickly taken to a nearby hospital where they were able to successfully reattach it.

- - - Updated - - -

Update on the employee's current condition from Screamscape...

(10/17/12) New information was sent in to Screamscape regarding the Crush’s Coaster incident. The 22-year old maintenance worker was injured early in the morning, long before the park opened to guests, at approximately 5am. According to what I’ve been told, he didn’t “fall” but rather fell INTO a piece of machinery he was working on, involving a belt drive and a pulley. His hand was pulled into the machine where I’m told part of his hand was severed. While in serious condition, sources tell us he was quickly taken to a nearby hospital where they were able to successfully reattach it.