Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Website update?

I forgot where the new logo was discussed so I'm just gonna post about it here.

The Universal app now has the new logo for its icon and startup screen.

This thread coming back up has reminded me of the old logo. Oh for the days... :frown:

I think I am starting to miss the old site (I know how bad it was). Anyhow, I can't seem to look at hotel rates using the AP 'promo' code. It seems I need to go to the passholder page, see what deals are at each hotel. Then I get to look at each hotel one at a time....I used to be able to just search all the hotels and see the rates...looking at each hotel...then to see the daily rates...there are these other buttons you must find..

Is it me, have I forgotten how to search for a place to stay when I visit? Anyone know a better way?

I think I am starting to miss the old site (I know how bad it was). Anyhow, I can't seem to look at hotel rates using the AP 'promo' code. It seems I need to go to the passholder page, see what deals are at each hotel. Then I get to look at each hotel one at a time....I used to be able to just search all the hotels and see the rates...looking at each hotel...then to see the daily rates...there are these other buttons you must find..

Is it me, have I forgotten how to search for a place to stay when I visit? Anyone know a better way?
I agree. The new system is more complicated and a bit wonky. Lots of misdirecion.

The Hotel Resort bookings are clumsier than the previous web site.

yep, I completely hated my last experience. They've made it difficult for me to see all the hotel rates (for each property)...it was like I had to find an offer for one property, then see what the rates were for when I was considering going...then start all over for the next...I could no longer just put in an AP code and see rates...I hope they fix it before the next time I try and think about a trip up!

yep, I completely hated my last experience. They've made it difficult for me to see all the hotel rates (for each property)...it was like I had to find an offer for one property, then see what the rates were for when I was considering going...then start all over for the next...I could no longer just put in an AP code and see rates...I hope they fix it before the next time I try and think about a trip up!

Wow, I sure hope they didn't do that on purpose.

I don't think they had much success with their site update. I tried 6 times last night to spend $500 for an AP and kept getting kicked back to the CC page when I hit process order. No error flags just back to square one.

This is the response I got this morning

Thank you for contacting Universal Orlando Resort™.

I apologize for any difficulty you may have experienced with our website. This is a known error that our Information Technology Department is working diligently to fix, and I can assure you that we would never intentionally inconvenience our Guests. For your convenience, our Annual Pass Department can be reached directly via telephone at 1-866-PASS-4-FUN. A representative from this department will be more than happy to assist you with purchasing your Annual Pass in full.

If you are looking to participate in our FlexPay™ program, you are welcome to purchase your Annual Pass at our Ticket Windows outside of Universal Studios Florida™ or Universal's Islands of Adventure™. I hope this information is helpful.

Again, thank you for contacting us.

Best Regards,

I don't think they had much success with their site update. I tried 6 times last night to spend $500 for an AP and kept getting kicked back to the CC page when I hit process order. No error flags just back to square one.

This is the response I got this morning

Thank you for contacting Universal Orlando Resort™.

I apologize for any difficulty you may have experienced with our website. This is a known error that our Information Technology Department is working diligently to fix, and I can assure you that we would never intentionally inconvenience our Guests. For your convenience, our Annual Pass Department can be reached directly via telephone at 1-866-PASS-4-FUN. A representative from this department will be more than happy to assist you with purchasing your Annual Pass in full.

If you are looking to participate in our FlexPay™ program, you are welcome to purchase your Annual Pass at our Ticket Windows outside of Universal Studios Florida™ or Universal's Islands of Adventure™. I hope this information is helpful.

Again, thank you for contacting us.

Best Regards,
Yes, the new site flat out sucks. Dead ends everywhere. Hard to locate content. And it's become considerably harder to check room specials, availability and to book rooms. And, as you experienced, I had problems trying to renew my AP also, and I don't even use flex pay. Universal needs to terminate whatever people were put in charge of this fiasco. This has been on line for many months already and it's still barely functional.

Yes, the new site flat out sucks. Dead ends everywhere. Hard to locate content. And it's become considerably harder to check room specials, availability and to book rooms. And, as you experienced, I had problems trying to renew my AP also, and I don't even use flex pay. Universal needs to terminate whatever people were put in charge of this fiasco. This has been on line for many months already and it's still barely functional.
I wasn't using flex either, had a $500 bill in my hand and tried to give it to them. Wonder how much that cost's them?