Unmasking the Horror Tours | Inside Universal Forums

Unmasking the Horror Tours

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brownie54

Platinum Member
Feb 17, 2010
Philadelphia
Forgive me if this is already posted, but I just saw on Universal's HHN site info on the Unmasking Tours. Starting at $80.

Halloween Horror Nights Unmasking The Horror Tour™

You can add an Unmasking the Horror Tour starting from $79.87 per person, tax inclusive at the same time you book a Halloween Horror Nights Hotel + Ticket Package. Available dates to book a tour are: September 16, 17, 21, 22, 23, 24, 29, 30; October 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 31

Daytime guests can shine a light on the darkness of Halloween Horror Nights with an Unmasking the Horror Tour. On select days, get a chilling look into how Universal Orlando's Art & Design team transforms the biggest names in horror into haunted houses on a lights-on VIP tour for up to 15 guests. Choose from the 2-2½ hour Morning Tour at 10:30am, or a 4-5 hour morning and afternoon combination tour. Enjoy a guided walking tour of up to three houses per tour (six for the combination tour), a commemorative Halloween Horror Nights lanyard and the chance to photograph select houses. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Due to the intensely graphic nature and lights-on viewing within the haunted houses, Unmasking the Horror Tours are not recommended for children under the age of 13. No costumes or masks allowed.

Restrictions Apply:
• The Halloween Horror Nights Unmasking the Horror Tour ticket is not valid for admission to the Halloween Horror Nights event. Tour pricing does not include regular daytime or event admission.
• Quantities are limited and often sell out in advance. Advance reservation is required.
• Any changes to or the cancellation of the Unmasking the Horror Tour must be made through the VIP Experience Reservations Office at least 48 hours prior to the schedule date otherwise 100% of payment will be forfeited.
• Unmasking the Horror Tour ticket/pass may not be copied, transferred, or resold. The ticket/pass is only valid for the person listed on it (you will be asked to enter the ticket/pass holder's name). Unauthorized duplication or sale of this ticket/pass may prevent your admittance to experience the Unmasking the Horror Tour.
• Unmasking the Horror Tour Guides reserve the right to remove guests from the tour and/or cease the tour entirely at any time for any reason.
• Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times while taking part in an Unmasking the Horror Tour.
• Pricing, dates, times, benefits and inclusions are subject to change without notice.
• Access may be restricted during certain times at certain attractions and/or backstage areas.
• Additional restrictions may apply and subject to change without notice.

Select event nights Sept. 15 – Nov. 4, 2017. Advance purchase required.

Skipping this this year as our trip is short and we only get one day for Universal and HHN. Next year though.

I'm skipping this year based on their change in policy regarding photography. It's a shame too because I've been doing UTH for a long time. However, not being able to take pictures I just can't justify the price.

I'll be okay with it once I'm local, and the UTH tour isn't time carved out of a vacation.

What's the change in policy on photography? Says in the spiel above that you have he chance to photograph select houses?

Is that incorrect then?

What's the change in policy on photography? Says in the spiel above that you have he chance to photograph select houses?

Is that incorrect then?
Five bucks says the continue with the policy of only allowing photography in the original houses.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Has something happened for them to enforce this?

I'm thinking about doing it for the first time this year but I want to be able to take photos so would be bummed if this was the case.

I'd be happy to put a butter beer on it unless there is something you know that I don't :)

I'm thinking about doing it for the first time this year but I want to be able to take photos so would be bummed if this was the case.

I'd be happy to put a butter beer on it unless there is something you know that I don't :)
Last year, after the first week or two, they stopped allowing photos in the I.P. houses, which was 5/6 or 2/3 of the house you see depending on what type of tour you took. So if they plan on keeping that policy again this year, I imagine that they would put more original houses on the tours

Last year, after the first week or two, they stopped allowing photos in the I.P. houses, which was 5/6 or 2/3 of the house you see depending on what type of tour you took. So if they plan on keeping that policy again this year, I imagine that they would put more original houses on the tours
Cheers, didn't realise that had happened :thumbsup:

Makes the sentence at the top interesting. Will ask them before we book it in that case.

HHN has already cost me a butterbeer, which I still owe Briman. :)

I must admit that the no photos is a bit of shame. But we did still enjoy last years tours just as much as the year before.

I've just booked he all day tour again for this year. I do wish they would reverse the ban. But can't see it happening.

I must admit that the no photos is a bit of shame. But we did still enjoy last years tours just as much as the year before.

I've just booked he all day tour again for this year. I do wish they would reverse the ban. But can't see it happening.

How certain are we that this will be banned? The website is still clearly stating the following:

'Enjoy a guided walking tour of select houses, a commemorative Halloween Horror Nights lanyard and the chance to photograph select houses. Reservations are required.'

I'm doing UMH for the first time this year and would really like to be able to have some memories of the event and if I'm told that I can't then I'll be taking a trip to Guest Services. Don't want to be rude about it but that's pretty misleading if it turns out to be the case.

Edit: I'm guessing they'll use the *select houses* as a get out clause.

How certain are we that this will be banned? The website is still clearly stating the following:

'Enjoy a guided walking tour of select houses, a commemorative Halloween Horror Nights lanyard and the chance to photograph select houses. Reservations are required.'

I'm doing UMH for the first time this year and would really like to be able to have some memories of the event and if I'm told that I can't then I'll be taking a trip to Guest Services. Don't want to be rude about it but that's pretty misleading if it turns out to be the case.

They stopped giving refunds for this after a couple weeks, if I recall. I got a partial credit after the tour, but only because my argument was that waiting until everyone was there and offering refunds was not sufficient notice. Even then, I only got half refunded.

It was selected houses by the time we went last year. The non IP houses and the external areas of the IP houses. The knowledge and the fun of the actual tours make it still worth the money in my opinion.

The knowledge and the fun of the actual tours make it still worth the money in my opinion.

That's good to hear. I'm really looking forward to it and as we're only doing a half day tour I'd be pretty gutted if I couldn't take any photo's at all. Thanks for your info :thumbsup:

Reactions: Horrornightsste
That's good to hear. I'm really looking forward to it and as we're only doing a half day tour I'd be pretty gutted if I couldn't take any photo's at all. Thanks for your info :thumbsup:

I'll also say that, the guides try to make sure that they're including at least one house that you'll be able to take pics in.

We canceled our tours last year for that reason, no pics=no money.
I did the same thing. Been doing them since the beginning but it lost a lot of value when the picture taking was taken away. If they dropped the price because of losing it I'd accept it but not this way. I did not sign up for this year until we get a confirmation from people going in the first few weeks on photos being taken or not.