Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 213 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think I would have enjoyed F&W as much as I did. Until any of the new attractions are built at Disney, if I had a 1 day ticket to use and F&W was on, I'd be heading to Epcot. If F&W wasn't on, I'd be going there last.
That is exactly what I mean.
If a park struggles with attendance and has nothing going for it you need an event.
For years HHN kept Universal Orlando from going bankrupt. The event costs a ton but is probably more profitable than hosting private events. The same goes for Mardi Grass that grew out to a huge success (I was there the second year and it was an intimate party then).
Besides Christmas and the tiny Potter thing I'm not sure Universal "needs" events now. Their profit is up every single quarter. The only way they need to grow is extended stays by building more parks and adding rides that sell more food and souvenirs. No need to entertain the "bored out of it's head returning guest" imho.

Reactions: Scott W.
Buyouts are a huge revenue source.

And Potter brought Universal a lot of business for that. Other venues see their fair share of use (now) but both Potters are the main buyout venues.

Reactions: Scott W.
Stan Thomas' lawsuit regarding Universal's right to develop a theme park on the southern land appears to be scheduled for a trial in May 2018. He had requested an expedited track for the case, while Universal had asked for the standard timeline that they seem to be using.

Universal expects to spend one million dollars on costs and attorney's fees defending themselves in this matter.

Stan Thomas' lawsuit regarding Universal's right to develop a theme park on the southern land appears to be scheduled for a trial in May 2018. He had requested an expedited track for the case, while Universal had asked for the standard timeline that they seem to be using.

Universal expects to spend one million dollars on costs and attorney's fees defending themselves in this matter.

If Universal is ok dragging this out, it probably means they aren't in a rush to get started on the new park. Or at least their timeline isn't hampered if this gets drug out in court.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
If Universal is ok dragging this out, it probably means they aren't in a rush to get started on the new park. Or at least their timeline isn't hampered if this gets drug out in court.

Exactly. It's all a dollar sign for Universal. They can outlast this guy. And if they need to get rid of him for timeline reasons, it's nothing money can't fix immediately.

Reactions: Mike S and fryoj
Is there anything know yet about the future of the homes behind the Bill & Ted/Fear Factor area? Last I read the leases on these apartments weren't extended.
If added to the resort and Potter would be expanded that would be the perfect area for a Potter hotel. Anyone?

Spoiler Alert: They're gonna get the go ahead.

Still, this isn't gonna happen overnight.

Yeah no doubt the city will approve anything Uni says.
I'm not talking about Zoning. We know that's a formality. I'm talking about the lawsuit from the person who they sold it to originally(Stan Thomas?) who says that the land is not allowed to be used for a theme park due to the original sale conditions. That has a May 2018 court date. I expect that to be eventually resolved, but if he wants to play hard ball and we start getting into continuances, it could get drug out in court for a while.

I'm not talking about Zoning. We know that's a formality. I'm talking about the lawsuit from the person who they sold it to originally(Stan Thomas?) who says that the land is not allowed to be used for a theme park due to the original sale conditions. That has a May 2018 court date. I expect that to be eventually resolved, but if he wants to play hard ball and we start getting into continuances, it could get drug out in court for a while.

I know, I'm just saying I'm gonna be shocked if Universal doesn't win this right quickly. Comcast has a lot of money to throw around.

I know, I'm just saying I'm gonna be shocked if Universal doesn't win this right quickly. Comcast has a lot of money to throw around.

Depends on what he wants. If he's wanting an insane amount of money, they will have to go through the court system where, supposedly, it doesn't matter how much money you throw at it and it could get drug out. If he's wanting a reasonable amount of money, it'll never go to court and they will settle out.

Status
Not open for further replies.