Universal Parks & Resorts Launches National Advertising & Brand Campaign | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Parks & Resorts Launches National Advertising & Brand Campaign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 24, 2015
Just saw an advertisement for Universal Parks and Resorts on NBC! Haven't found it on YouTube, but was interesting to see both USH and OUR advertised together. Hopefully this is a sign of what's to come! More continuity with both properties.

I love the way the shots of Citywalk and the boats really convey the energy there. That's one of those things I always feel when I get to Citywalk is there's that kind of "rock" vibe as you enter the area which builds your anticipation for the parks. The fast cuts/beat of the music in the commercial goes a long way to make that feeling come through.

I tweeted to uni this was perfect and described my son who when we asked if he wanted to go to uni or Disney at 5.....he picked universal cause quote "its time to ride the big ones now!"

We have done two straight uni trips, haven't been to Disney since 2013.

They tweeted back to me which was awesome, and solidified going again in September lol Sapphire falls!!!

I love the way the shots of Citywalk and the boats really convey the energy there. That's one of those things I always feel when I get to Citywalk is there's that kind of "rock" vibe as you enter the area which builds your anticipation for the parks. The fast cuts/beat of the music in the commercial goes a long way to make that feeling come through.
The sensations I feel when our Portofino Bay boat approaches CitWalk & the parks are simply awesome. It's the grand unveiling....The only thing close is entering the Magic Kingdom, and there's Main Street & the castle in your view.

The sensations I feel when our Portofino Bay boat approaches CitWalk & the parks are simply awesome. It's the grand unveiling....The only thing close is entering the Magic Kingdom, and there's Main Street & the castle in your view.
Yup!!

In September, we stayed at Sapphire, we arrived around 830pm to the resort, parked, got luggage to room, and ran downstairs to the boat to go to dinner at CW...

That entrance into the main lake, with the neon lights, people, breeze in our face, and the feeling of the beginning of a week vacation, was a brilliant sensation of emotions. Incredible!

Reactions: Mad Dog

I'm hoping they're updating their stock footage. There is a video of the same car driving up to the Hard Rock hotel since it opened and I don't know why but it irritates me every time.

Here's a video showcasing both resorts from 2001:

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
I'm hoping they're updating their stock footage. There is a video of the same car driving up to the Hard Rock hotel since it opened and I don't know why but it irritates me every time.

Here's a video showcasing both resorts from 2001:

It must be later than 2001 since it has the Mummy ride in it. Wonder if that's a misprint.

It must be later than 2001 since it has the Mummy ride in it. Wonder if that's a misprint.

I think it was a set and not the ride.

chamberofdoom_2003.jpg

It must have been at Hollywood as I can't remember this.

Yup!!

In September, we stayed at Sapphire, we arrived around 830pm to the resort, parked, got luggage to room, and ran downstairs to the boat to go to dinner at CW...

That entrance into the main lake, with the neon lights, people, breeze in our face, and the feeling of the beginning of a week vacation, was a brilliant sensation of emotions. Incredible!
The aura and allure of staying on site at Universal. Vacation like you mean it.:thumbsup:....and now my WDW vacations are a couple of day trips to WDW while staying at a Universal resort.

Reactions: Porkchop
I just hope this campaign doesn't lead to generic "Universal Parks" merchandise. I really don't want to see attraction merch once branded with "Universal Studios Florida" or "Universal's Islands of Adventure" or "Universal Orlando" to be usurped by a catch-all.

I just hope this campaign doesn't lead to generic "Universal Parks" merchandise. I really don't want to see attraction merch once branded with "Universal Studios Florida" or "Universal's Islands of Adventure" or "Universal Orlando" to be usurped by a catch-all.
There's already a TON of generic Universal Studios merchandise. And it's nearly impossible to find anything for Islands of Adventure anymore.

There's already a TON of generic Universal Studios merchandise. And it's nearly impossible to find anything for Islands of Adventure anymore.

I was very disappointed at the lack of IoA merch on my trip in September last year, I searched quite a few shops and there is hardly anything available. It is such a great park, I'm sure even just some shirts with the IoA logo on would sell reasonably well!

Hoping that now we are getting a 3rd park (and 4th at some point) we may start to see merch that incorporates all the park logos like at Disney.