Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just think about how much money Disney would save if they just added Six Flags theming to their Six Flags kiddie coaster.

Do you guys think we're looking at the entrance from TSL to SWL here? Looks like an accessibility ramp to help with the elevation change (left arrow), and a deep pit possibly for an elevator (right arrow)? Also the foundation for more walls in bottom center of photo.

View attachment 4642
Yes... Over by the end of the Swirling Saucers ride. The forms that look like the ones near Muppets is the beginning of the entrance. I believe an unnoticeable bridge (to guests) will be built to go over the service road.

Reactions: Joel
Yes... Over by the end of the Swirling Saucers ride. The forms that look like the ones near Muppets is the beginning of the entrance. I believe an unnoticeable bridge (to guests) will be built to go over the service road.
Somewhere I vaguely remember seeing it was going to be a tunnel between TSL and SWL.

Reactions: Alicia and Joel
Somewhere I vaguely remember seeing it was going to be a tunnel between TSL and SWL.
I've heard that too, actually probably more likely now that I think about it when you consider that the service road is elevated in that specific area. Just look at aerials and you'll notice how high up the service road is based on ground level of TSL and SWL.

Reactions: jtsalien and Joel
There should be a tunnel to connect the two lands, but much like the Africa entrance to Pandora, I doubt it will be used for the first few weeks (or months) to help regulate traffic flow into SWL. Until that tunnel does open though, that'll be two more dead ends at DHS. The park famous for dead ends.

There should be a tunnel to connect the two lands, but much like the Africa entrance to Pandora, I doubt it will be used for the first few weeks (or months) to help regulate traffic flow into SWL. Until that tunnel does open though, that'll be two more dead ends at DHS. The park famous for dead ends.
Yeah, it'll probably be exit only for awhile.

What a waste of space. They should have added at least one more ride.

That is a whole lot of land for a whole lot of nothing..
I'm still excited for it all- considering we're only losing LMA and HISTK for the most part (I'm not including backlot since it's been closed forever)
It really does feel like half the land space of the park for four rides (5 if you include TSMM), 1 restaurant and a ton of shops.
Just makes me wonder what Uni could do with that much space.

I don't "do" coasters though... (I'm above it - naturally) so all this land offers is a sort of spinny thing.

And am I seriously the only person in the world who was never enamoured by Toy Story?

Did it ever tell ya'll the story about working at Toy Story Mania and on graduation from training they tried to write "Andy's" on my shoe in sharpie and i recoiled in terror and threatened to sue if they touched me or my shoes?

I don't "do" coasters though... (I'm above it - naturally) so all this land offers is a sort of spinny thing.

And am I seriously the only person in the world who was never enamoured by Toy Story?
You aren't the only one.
I get that it was Pixars first film and it's been highly profitable, but we've already got meet n greets in Tomorrowland and Frontierland, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Toy Story Midway Mania, and another meet n greet in Studios. That's plenty of Toy Story to me.

They should've fleshed out Pixar Place...something related to Up, Incredibles, the Monsters Inc Coaster, I don't care...just anything else.

You aren't the only one.
I get that it was Pixars first film and it's been highly profitable, but we've already got meet n greets in Tomorrowland and Frontierland, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Toy Story Midway Mania, and another meet n greet in Studios. That's plenty of Toy Story to me.

They should've fleshed out Pixar Place...something related to Up, Incredibles, the Monsters Inc Coaster, I don't care...just anything else.

I love Toy Story. It's also one of my earliest vivid memories that I have going to see it in the cinema.

I do wish that Disney would condense all of Toy Story into this one land even if that means removing Buzz from MK. Maybe expand with some other lands for each movie instead of a generic land featuring all the films.