Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

Quick update from ground level within the park. Love the new construction walls. So colorful!

Hollywood Studios Update: Star Wars Land Vertical Construction, Toy Story Land Walls, Baby Groot and More – Orlando ParkStop

Video:

Photo Highlights:

P1110346.jpg

P1110363.jpg

P1110352.jpg

P1110353.jpg

P1110358.jpg

The future entrance to Toy Story Land is far too small. So pretty much everything currently covered in scrims is going to be removed to make the opening much larger:

P1110364.jpg

Including the catwalk above that used to be used for the walking portion of the studio production tour:

P1110343.jpg

P1110344.jpg

P1110362.jpg

And this barely used building that once had that Jack Sparrow experience thing in it will be removed. One Man's Dream will remain unaffected.

P1110372.jpg

P1110304.jpg

Work walls at the end of Pixar Place have been moved all the way in touching Toy Story Mania and rethemed to Star Wars land, which makes sense since that's what's behind them.

P1110336.jpg

P1110325.jpg

P1110323.jpg

P1110322.jpg

Berm, baby, berm!

P1110328.jpg

That's all for now. I'll post some in the Star Wars thread too and lots more pics here.

Just curious, how do you know what's happening to the buildings for Toy Story Land entrance? Is it guess work or you heard from someone/seen plans?

Also, the Hogsmeade entrance is about the same width, no?

Just curious, how do you know what's happening to the buildings for Toy Story Land entrance? Is it guess work or you heard from someone/seen plans?

Also, the Hogsmeade entrance is about the same width, no?
We've been discussing it in this thread for a little while actually, plus I've heard a few tidbits from people I run into so I'm piecing things together in my mind.

Also, based on concept art the land's entrance has a much wider pathway than this little opening, so something had to be done. Seeing all the scrims go up pretty much solidified the rumors for me.

EDIT: This opening is currently much smaller than the Hogsmeade entrance coming from Lost Continent, and also smaller than the bridge coming from from JP.

We've been discussing it in this thread for a little while actually, plus I've heard a few tidbits from people I run into so I'm piecing things together in my mind.

Also, based on concept art the land's entrance has a much wider pathway than this little opening, so something had to be done. Seeing all the scrims go up pretty much solidified the rumors for me.

EDIT: This opening is currently much smaller than the Hogsmeade entrance coming from Lost Continent, and also smaller than the bridge coming from from JP.
Wow I guess my sense of scale is way off!

Was in the queue for TSMM on Monday and they have already setup the new opening for the entrance on the opposite side of the building. It was the end of the night, and we moved through so fast that I forgot to grab a shot. The temporary wall matched the theming of the queue, so unless you knew they were moving it, it would not be readily apparent. ;)

At DHS for the first time in months today... you can easily see the track form for Slinky now when the doors open.

Starting to look like they're pushing for an earlier opening of TSL than anyone was expecting.
Don't underestimate the power of how slow Disney likes to theme their lands.

EDIT: But yea, they know the faster they get this open the more happy guests will be at this currently barely half-day park. There's only so thin they can stretch the Star Wars "shows", events and "attractions" they've shoehorned in.

Ride Vehicles on-site and being installed for the saucer ride:

I wonder if there's a construction related reason they're getting installed before the roof or it's just timing of materials? Can't imagine the shituation of lifting steel beams over that techno-floor with ride vehicles installed will be..

I wonder if there's a construction related reason they're getting installed before the roof or it's just timing of materials? Can't imagine the shituation of lifting steel beams over that techno-floor with ride vehicles installed will be..
I don't think it's uncommon to build ride systems first and then surround them with ride buildings after. Especially coasters. I imagine it's just easier to move these in first without having to maneuver them around beams.

Part of me wonders if this'll open earlier because of GMR closing.
There were rumors of a December opening awhile back, but those have long since been squashed. Spring Break 2018 is the earliest I've heard of late, but I'm still sticking with Memorial Day weekend until I hear something more concrete.

I will say that work does seem to be picking up, though. Although Coasters go up fast, it's theming that takes Disney forever.

I see a few of the latest bioreconstruct updates were posted here , all the same things to see but here are the rest of them:

Do you guys think we're looking at the entrance from TSL to SWL here? Looks like an accessibility ramp to help with the elevation change (left arrow), and a deep pit possibly for an elevator (right arrow)? Also the foundation for more walls in bottom center of photo.

DBgXO_dWsAAzJ23.jpg-large.jpg