Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tomorrowland re-do?

Feb 5, 2013
Stamford, CT
This place looks the exact same as it did when I first went to WDW 26 years ago! I know attractions have changed, but the "look" is still the exact same...does anyone know if they ever plan on updating the area? Even a new paint job (to a diff color) would be something.

1994 was the last time the entire area was given a major renovation, so it's been 19 years. Either way, there has always been talks to to renovate it again (it switches between this and Adventureland) but it won't be as drastic as the 1994 re-do.

This place looks the exact same as it did when I first went to WDW 26 years ago! I know attractions have changed, but the "look" is still the exact same...does anyone know if they ever plan on updating the area? Even a new paint job (to a diff color) would be something.

Disney gave up on tomorrowland when they ripped out AE and put in Stitch..there is no going back..if anything you will see more changes in Fantasyland and Adventureland

Ad again when they threw monsters inc laugh floor there.... Why on earth is it there?

^Both of them are out of place. I can see buzz light year but stitch and monsters inc. should be ripped out for something better.

I like Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor. I think it's cute and funny. I do agree that it seems out of place in Tomorrowland.

It belongs in the Studios.

Tomorrowland needs some serious love. Cohesive theming, appropriate rides, and more shade! It makes it seem like the future will be nothing more than a busy concrete jungle! It's my least favorite area of the Magic Kingdom, yet it's one of the largest lands.

What is sad is that even the general public does not have any wow factor from any of the attractions in Tomorrowland now save for the novelty of Space Mountain being a coaster in the dark. The entire are has become is very shabby.

What is sad is that even the general public does not have any wow factor from any of the attractions in Tomorrowland now save for the novelty of Space Mountain being a coaster in the dark. The entire are has become is very shabby.
I agree, it's reminds me of one of those "contemporary" houses built in the 70's...may have been cool back then, but is waaay out of date today.

Hey Bri, What was renovated in '94? When I went back about 8 years ago, for the first time since I was 10 ('89), i swear it looked the exact same

I totally agree this land needs help. I want some of the classics to stay (carrousel of progress), but the outside could be revamped and look nicer, but overall they have not used their space well and it really needs to be re-vamped and some things need to go. The whole area is dated and all guests notice how bad it is. No one I have been with is impressed with tomorrowland. It is a get in, do Buzz, if you are tall enough space mountain, and then leave.

I actually like Space Mountain and The Laugh Floor...I do agree that this area needs a lot of help. Its pretty sad when tomorrowland looks like downtown Orlando :lol:

Gas powered go karts on a track don't really scream out "the future" to me.

Agreed, they could re-purpose that with trackless vehicles that are electric, that ride along a "track" you can't see, so kids think they are driving, but only can control some things and not all. Similar to the Mario Kart idea someone had. That would be way better.

It belongs in the Studios.

Tomorrowland needs some serious love. Cohesive theming, appropriate rides, and more shade! It makes it seem like the future will be nothing more than a busy concrete jungle! It's my least favorite area of the Magic Kingdom, yet it's one of the largest lands.

It is my least favorite as well. The whole area just looks cheap.

Agreed, they could re-purpose that with trackless vehicles that are electric, that ride along a "track" you can't see, so kids think they are driving, but only can control some things and not all. Similar to the Mario Kart idea someone had. That would be way better.

I say get rid of the go karts all together. They served their purpose over the years but as the park and tech has evolved these have become more and more obsolete and kind of tacky. You can find these all up and down 192 and I -drive. Its time to move on, and with all that land im sure they can squeeze in a few things.

- - - Updated - - -

Look for something to happen to Tomorrowland after Shanghai opens.

Im holding you to that buddy :lol: