Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Walking Dead Attraction (Closed)

Another question, do you all think the maze could be seeing an update this summer before HHN in order to add elements from Season 7? Before the attraction opened we were all told that the last portion of the walkthrough could be changed in order to accommodate further progression in the show's storyline, so I think once the Season 7 finale airs this Sunday the creative team can hit the drawing boards again and think of something to add before haunt season rolls around again.

Another question, do you all think the maze could be seeing an update this summer before HHN in order to add elements from Season 7? Before the attraction opened we were all told that the last portion of the walkthrough could be changed in order to accommodate further progression in the show's storyline, so I think once the Season 7 finale airs this Sunday the creative team can hit the drawing boards again and think of something to add before haunt season rolls around again.

If I had to guess, they're probably waiting until next HHN to do so.That way, they can market the Walking Dead as "NEW ENDING!!!!!!! NEW SCENES!!!!!!!!! WATCH SEASON PREMIER OF AMC'S YHE WALKING DEAD ON 9/8/7 CENTRAL ONLY ON AMC!!!!!!!" It will give repeats a reason to revisit. 

I think waiting until HHN is a good bet. It would be easier to justify doing this with the HHN budget than the general park budget, given the lack of popularity with daytime guests. I think with some modifications, extra scares, and marketing, it would be very popular with HHN guests. And it would probably be a cheaper investment than the HHN-exclusive mazes.

Was at the park this morning, and alas, they were back to their usual hiding spots.

But I will say that I believe this attraction deserves a bit more credit in terms of crowd popularity than it gets.  It had a 30 minute wait at opening (11am), and it generally seems to hover about 20 minutes throughout the day... and that's something that was designed to be a people eater, so really, waits should be 5-10 all day. 

Plus, shortly after the initial opening, it had fairly limited hours... it'd be open for 90 minutes (or less!), then closed for 30, repeat... and then frequently closed one to two hours before the park did, even in the off season.  It'd be closed by 5 if the park closed at 6. This went on for months.

Now, while it does have a delayed opening, generally seems to remain open all day without any closures at all, and during the off season, when the park closes at 7pm, stays open right until park close.  So clearly there must be enough demand to keep it open.

If the park remains open until 10pm, it does still close a few hours before... but that's acceptable to me, as basically the entire park is generally a ghost town after 8pm, with even FJ being a walk on.

Was at the park this morning, and alas, they were back to their usual hiding spots.

But I will say that I believe this attraction deserves a bit more credit in terms of crowd popularity than it gets.  It had a 30 minute wait at opening (11am), and it generally seems to hover about 20 minutes throughout the day... and that's something that was designed to be a people eater, so really, waits should be 5-10 all day. 

Plus, shortly after the initial opening, it had fairly limited hours... it'd be open for 90 minutes (or less!), then closed for 30, repeat... and then frequently closed one to two hours before the park did, even in the off season.  It'd be closed by 5 if the park closed at 6. This went on for months.

Now, while it does have a delayed opening, generally seems to remain open all day without any closures at all, and during the off season, when the park closes at 7pm, stays open right until park close.  So clearly there must be enough demand to keep it open.

If the park remains open until 10pm, it does still close a few hours before... but that's acceptable to me, as basically the entire park is generally a ghost town after 8pm, with even FJ being a walk on.

Well, I think last time I visited, it was more like a 5 minute wait, so 20 is something. But right now I see:

FJ: 90

Transformers: 65

JP: 70

RofM: 65

So the park is pretty crowded, and WD is still 20. So it looks to me like it's just scaled up with the park attendance. I'm thinking the execs probably were expecting more interest on a busy day like today when they green lit WD. I guess what really counts is how much WD has increased park attendance, though, and I have no way of knowing that.

Soooo um... this is now a thing in Vegas... :eek:

pXLkIEm.png

GOxyMZ0.jpg

Ugh... yes.. I'd kill (zombies) for us to have a Resident Evil laser tag attraction. It'd be terrible for capacity due to our extreme lack of.... everything in the park (rides, attractions, shows), but it'd be so great. Especially if it was a multi-level attraction like House of Horrors was.

So I finally got around to taking a pic of this new minor addition. Awhile back they added a new scenic piece to TWD attraction queue where the "Nuerology entrance" into the actual attraction is located. This megaphone is activated by a keypad on the doorframe & it plays a new pre-recorded "safety/rules spiel".

QLX2ZN0.jpg

No I did not accidentally post this in the wrong thread, but to be interesting..

Andrew Lincoln Leaving The Walking Dead after Season 9 | Collider

With Lincoln leaving the show, could that by chance increase the likelihood of TWDA closing? Food for thought.
Who would've thought the day would arrive for me when I would shrug at a major Walking Dead spoiler. I know someone who works with one of the actresses of the show and told me that all enthusiasm has been lost for the show. They don't care anymore. The optimistic side of me would like to see this as an opportunity to explore new creative territory, but I think they'll just use this as an excuse to end it. It's a shame the show has gotten lame beyond return. Just reveal that the name of Rick and Negan's moms are Martha and end it.

Pretty funny and sad that they opened this right before the show's popularity nose-dived. I'd say this has five more years out of it at the most. With SLoP already taking up Globe, that doesn't leave much space for a replacement. I foresee this being just an events venue. Maybe they can use it for future house space for HHN.

Last edited:
Who would've thought the day would arrive for me when I would shrug at a major Walking Dead spoiler. I know someone who works with one of the actresses of the show and told me that all enthusiasm has been lost for the show. They don't care anymore. The optimistic side of me would like to see this as an opportunity to explore new creative territory, but I think they'll just use this as an excuse to end it. It's a shame the show has gotten lame beyond return. Just reveal that the name of Rick and Negan's moms are Martha and end it.

Pretty funny and sad that they opened this right the show's popularity nose-dived. I'd say this has five more years out of it at the most. With SLoP already taking up Globe, that doesn't leave much space for a replacement. I foresee this being just an events venue. Maybe they can use it for future house space for HHN.

It would be awesome if they could gut it and use it as HHN space.. it could be like a mini-soundstage or Parade Building (that's the correct term from Orlando, right?)

It would be awesome if they could gut it and use it as HHN space.. it could be like a mini-soundstage or Parade Building (that's the correct term from Orlando, right?)
Yeah, imagine what they could do in that space. It would resolve the issue of needing a large-space venue in the upper lot, especially once WW eventually leaves.

Pretty funny and sad that they opened this right the show's popularity nose-dived. I'd say this has five more years out of it at the most. With SLoP already taking up Globe, that doesn't leave much space for a replacement. I foresee this being just an events venue. Maybe they can use it for future house space for HHN.

As a (former) huge fan of TWD from day one, I couldn't agree more. The show lost its edge when it stopped being about the zombie apocalypse and became a show about the cruelty of humanity towards one another. The disrespect shown to the fans and the characters in the season 7 opener was where it went wrong for me.

I would much rather this space in the park be used for a ride than a haunted house.

I never bothered to take a picture of the atrocity (or mention it), BUT if anyone hasn't noticed by yet... they now have a stupid tan umbrella right between the "emergency entrance" hospital doors for the attraction, so that a non-themed Universal security guard can stand there the entire time. I hate TWD, always have... along with this stupid attraction.. But this recent change really does kill an already terrible attraction.