Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle - Hollywood

Decor, Christmas tree, special shows on Triwizard stage, I believe holiday food and drink as well.

With the comments your making, it's making me wonder if they may re-brand the Holiday offerings this year to not just be focused on Grinchmas?

Would it be fine if I start somewhat of a speculation thread for this, as it could be rather interesting (and that the OU Forums did have one back in the day's before the Merging of a Holiday refresher on Orlando's turf).

I thought the plan this year was to rebrand away from just Macy's and Grinchmas. Hence the name change of the parade to be "featuring Macy's" or whatever it is.

Grinchmas will definitely be a part, it's always popular... if they did Potter Xmas I have no idea how they'll handle the marketing. There's been no prior precedent.

Universal Studios Holidaywood

tenor.gif

That, was actually hilarious.

I went to the AP preview last night. You can stand in the roped off area from the entrance to the Hippogriff ride to the butterbeer cart. They keep asking people to move to the front and squish together as the show time got closer (maybe this is just for the first showing- it was more full then the others). If you can try to get the 2nd showing. We watched the first show from between the Hippogriff line and the stage. Then we watched the 2nd one standing behind the roped off area by the Quidditch store. Both views were great. I think we all preferred standing back farther, since you saw more of the castle. I don't think there are too many bad places to see it. We waited about 40 min to save a spot, but I wouldn't do that again (it's not like Disney fireworks where you want to camp 2 hours for the perfect spot). It really was beautiful.

I thought the plan this year was to rebrand away from just Macy's and Grinchmas. Hence the name change of the parade to be "featuring Macy's" or whatever it is.

I was expecting the same... Something to note however is that Universal Studios Hollywood just released a new website that has a Grinchmas section which states it is coming back this year. Could just be remnants of the past, but it seems Grinchmas may not be going away.

What a fantastic light show, I was in awe of the lighting on the castle. Really excited about what they do during Christmas. I can't wait to go back this summer though.

I think my favorite part is when the light is shining through the windows from the inside of the castle. A pretty great effect that really messed with your head. Who else has been seeing it? Thoughts?

I'm really liking how the crowd is responding and cheering for their favorite house during the show. I really hope Universal encourages that, it brings a nice interactive and community feel.

On a different note, they don't seem to have added the show times for the Light Show anywhere on the mobile app or website. Hope they get working on that soon. I also wish they'd post the closing time to TWD on the app as well.

The show is fine but they need to find a way to get people to MOVE after the show times.

I saw it and then almost NO one moved from there spot wanting to watch the next show time, just a bunch of selfish jerks. Get out of the way and let new people watch