Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Music of Pixar LIVE! - A Symphony of Characters

Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
This summer at Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney’s Hollywood Studios® will present “The Music of Pixar LIVE! A Symphony of Characters.” This limited-time concert event will showcase memorable music from Pixar Animation Studios films, complete with a live orchestra and appearances by beloved Disney•Pixar characters.

Starting May 26, 2017, “The Music of Pixar LIVE!” will be presented three times nightly at Theater of the Stars at Disney’s Hollywood Studios(following the regular daily performances of “Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage”). The show will also feature highlights from some of Pixar’s greatest scores, from films like “Toy Story” to “Cars 3.” Guests can also expect appearances by Woody, Jessie, Mike and Sulley, the Incredibles and more.

Do we think they may be taking Fantasmic down for a refurb, or is this just another alternative nighttime show? Could they really do both at almost the same time? They are so close to each other and the entrance to Fantasmic is along the side of the theater, correct?

Do we think they may be taking Fantasmic down for a refurb, or is this just another alternative nighttime show? Could they really do both at almost the same time? They are so close to each other and the entrance to Fantasmic is along the side of the theater, correct?
Yeah that's going to be a massive crowd control nightmare.

This is being done where Beauty and the Beast performs, not Fantasmic! It will be at night after the BATB performances are over for the day.

This is being done where Beauty and the Beast performs, not Fantasmic! It will be at night after the BATB performances are over for the day.
Exactly, both entrances are in 50 feet of each other and on any given day in the summer the line for Fantasmic goes straight up Sunset Blvd blocking the entrance to the BATB theater. The main exit to Fantasmic exits backstage right next to the BATB theater and comes out next to the entrance to BATB. Thats thousands of people waiting for two separate shows in a small area. And then of course you have people exiting these shows at the same time people are lining up for the next showing. Add all this onto the fact that Sunset Blvd. is the only way for guests to enter and exit the two biggest attractions in the park that all dead end in the same spot.

BLUE LINE- ENTRANCE TO FANTASMIC
BLUE DOT- USUAL BACK UP LINE INTO FANTASMIC
GREEN LINE- ENTRANCE AND EXIT TO BATB THEATER
RED LINE- MAIN EXIT FROM FANTASIMIC.

9D2EF534-AFB9-4F96-B2AD-E5C40652BA99_zpsvny9v0s7.jpeg

BatB show schedules changes from 11/1/2/4/5pm to 10/11/12/1/2pm.

So with 3 shows i'm betting it's like 4-5-6 or something. No overlap with Fantasmic.

Exactly, both entrances are in 50 feet of each other and on any given day in the summer the line for Fantasmic goes straight up Sunset Blvd blocking the entrance to the BATB theater. The main exit to Fantasmic exits backstage right next to the BATB theater and comes out next to the entrance to BATB. Thats thousands of people waiting for two separate shows in a small area. And then of course you have people exiting these shows at the same time people are lining up for the next showing. Add all this onto the fact that Sunset Blvd. is the only way for guests to enter and exit the two biggest attractions in the park that all dead end in the same spot.

I know where everything is, I just misunderstood you and thought you were saying it was taking place in the Fantasmic Amphitheater.

I doubt F! will close as the park can't afford it, but it would be ideal to give ours the DL upgrades.

This just seems like another summer promotion like Frozen and Star Wars.

Of course it is also heavily rumored that TDO wants to upgrade the BATB show in wake of the success of the new movie. I wouldn't be surprised to just see the show go dark.

They often allow the Fantasmic exit to split and either exit on Sunset or by the park entrance. They could if crowding is an issue exit Fantasmic to the park entrance only. I added that path in orange to your diagram.9D2EF534-AFB9-4F96-B2AD-E5C40652BA99_zpsvny9v0s7.jpeg

So with 3 shows i'm betting it's like 4-5-6 or something. No overlap with Fantasmic.
This is very possible. 30 minute sets, with 30 minutes off in between.

Plus, this seems like it's something to extend a guests day at DHS so doing it during Fantasmic doesn't make sense.

I don't see that. They won't change BATB schedule for this. The whole idea is this is another event to do at night to keep people in the park longer. You're talking about a 2 hour switch over after the 5pm BATB show. So we're talking about 7,8,9pm showings which is directly in conflict with the Fantasmic crowds.

I don't see that. They won't change BATB schedule for this. The whole idea is this is another event to do at night to keep people in the park longer. You're talking about a 2 hour switch over after the 5pm BATB show. So we're talking about 7,8,9pm showings which is directly in conflict with the Fantasmic crowds.
I just don't see how it is "in conflict". If some wants to do both on one night, it's easily possible due to 3 shows and the Pixar show will be far shorter than Fantasmic!

They will likely schedule the shows so that the crowd patterns aren't overlapping as well. I'm certainly not worried.

To back up what I was saying that I don't see this being in conflict with Fantasmic... I'm at DHS right now and people were lining up for the 8:30 show as early as 6:20.

There simply isn't enough to do in the park right now and I'm sure exit procedures will be taken care of.

For BatB's schedule i wasnt talking in theoretical..

This is an awesome idea and DHS needs all the extra entertainment it can get right now. Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see a BATB revamp to match the new BATB show coming to Disney Dream on DCL.