Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Bypass Bridge

Skold

VIP Member
Feb 17, 2016
I've been looking at this thing for years while sipping my Hog's Head Brew from the patio in the back of Hogs Head Pub.

"How do i get on there?" i thought...

"Leave me alone i'm watching the bridge!" i thought...

It was open last Saturday!

One pic seems to have been backed up by Carbonate. More to come.

Was this a bypass while Harry Potter was built?

Yup, bypass while that pub of yours was being converted from the Enchanted Oak, the coasters were being overlaid, and Merlin Wood was being generally torn down.

There wasn't an awful lot to it, but Dragons had a nice entry statue thing and Enchanted Oak was legit.

Attachments

• IMG_3590.JPG
    IMG_3590.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 60
On the JP side of the bridge, if you're facing lost Continent, you can look over the left-hand rail and see the queue for the old boat ride. The hand rails and ropes are still there! It's a bit overgrown, but it is neat.

Looking through our pics, i cannot believe that we did not take better ones! These are the best i have - my son and i looking down at them. You can see a bit of them down there.

View attachment 4623

View attachment 4624
I don't think I've ever seen this bridge in my life. The only bridges I know is the one the goes from JP to hogsmeade, and then the one that you have to go through the visitors center to the back and is kinda hidden that also takes you to hogsmeade.

I don't think I've ever seen this bridge in my life. The only bridges I know is the one the goes from JP to hogsmeade, and then the one that you have to go through the visitors center to the back and is kinda hidden that also takes you to hogsmeade.
I believe that's the same bridge (JP visitors center front to Hogsmeade), but it's closed during non busy days.

Well the I've been on it, but what is this abandoned boat ride line that is still there I here of?

It was the Island Skipper Tours. A dock in JP, one right as you come through the Port of Entry, and I think there was one in Toon Lagoon, behind Popeye.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg The IOA soundtrack has a song called island skipper tours and I always thought that was a resturant or something.:jaw::faint: What the literal hell, why have I never heard of this ever.

Edit: WHY ISNT THIS STILL A THING?!

The bridge is used every day... just mostly it's by TMs unless busy.

IOA as is could not operate without the bridge due to Potter being in the middle of LC and JP. Due to how strict JK/WB are about Potter, unless you are in Potter wardrobe, you better not even think about stepping into Hogsmeade or there will be issues. The bridge was built for the purpose of allowing all non-Potter TMs to bypass the land. It just also happens to serve a dual purpose in busy seasons.