Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Terminator 2:3D

Jon Fu

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus
Jul 26, 2010
California
Now that Terminator 2:3D has officially closed, would anyone like to share any tidbits, stories or facts about the attraction?

Perhaps some photos of you interacting with the attraction or even the Terminator himself?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta love eBay at times! There is no way to confirm these came from T2, there is nothing proprietary to them. Anyone who purchases those will be disappointed if they expect some sort of T2 marking on them. I do have an interesting story to tell though about people and souvenirs. One time at a tv show taping, some lady in the audience tore off a piece of standard masking tape used to rope off the reserved VIP seats. After the show, she just ripped a piece off and put it in her pocket. The wierd and random things people take for their memories.

Also, how do I share images? Do I have to upload them to a third party site first, or can I do so right from the computer? I have an image of something a few of you might enjoy seeing.

That's indeed really sad and low.
Thanks for pointing out the format differences between Orlando and Los Angeles.
How's your site, by the way? There's a few more differences that Chris and I discovered if you're interested. Odd differences, but differences nonetheless.

Finally registered! First post, woooo. (Allen W from Facebook)

Anyways, i couple things about T23D and I.

I'd, of course, interact to the extreme with Kimberly and take "super" to the next level haha. All the Kimberlys loved interacting with me. She was one of my fav parts about the attraction, not many other attractions anywhere had this. I've had other guests join in with me with the "super"s and many always thought I worked for the park...haha.

I met and became friendly with one of the lead T23D cast members who also worked the info booths sometimes. His name is Andre and is from Africa or something, super nice guy. Talked for years and he'd always give me those "free drink/front of line to T2/shrek/animals" cards. Also, he said i could always go through Gate A as much as i wanted, whenever if i mentioned his name, so that was always amazing. USH has always had amazing employees, i know a couple that work at DCA now.

Also, i visited T23D during one of the "Gate A/VIP" stamped performances where if you have a front of the line pass or VIP pass, you can stay after the show and the performers would come out after and tell you fun facts about the show, take questions, quiz you, show some props you can hold, show you how the screens open with the projectors off, and take pics with the cast.

THAT was awesome, and i took an awesome video of it that i still need to upload it. Also took a pic of me holding the Terminators gun while aiming at Kimberly, John, and "Arnold" :)

Finally registered! First post, woooo. (Allen W from Facebook)Anyways, i couple things about T23D and I.

I'd, of course, interact to the extreme with Kimberly and take "super" to the next level haha. All the Kimberlys loved interacting with me. She was one of my fav parts about the attraction, not many other attractions anywhere had this. I've had other guests join in with me with the "super"s and many always thought I worked for the park...haha.

I met and became friendly with one of the lead T23D cast members who also worked the info booths sometimes. His name is Andre and is from Africa or something, super nice guy. Talked for years and he'd always give me those "free drink/front of line to T2/shrek/animals" cards. Also, he said i could always go through Gate A as much as i wanted, whenever if i mentioned his name, so that was always amazing. USH has always had amazing employees, i know a couple that work at DCA now.
Nice to meet you Allen! I too am from FB...Steven M.

Ha ha, I also loved interacting with Kimberley. Usually, once the CyberDyne video presentation ended, and she would say "I promise, that is the last you will see of them"! I usually shout out, "Liar"! People would usually laugh. Good times!

The T2 crew really are some nice people. I always made sure to let them know they are appreciated if I talked to them at the VIP show, and you can tell they appreciated hearing that. I will miss hearing the beat box guy at the entrance on the loudspeaker, he was there my first visit, and also there on the final night. Nothing will ever match the uniqueness of T2, and the talented actors who always did an amazing job.

Nice to meet you too! And yeah, my Kimberly interactions were amazing :)

It truly was and is a unique show, we'll never see something like this again unfortunately :/

I still think Terminator is a more (forgive the pun) timeless franchise. Yes, it's aged, but come ON. Nothing about the concept of the movies or show have aged.

If it was up to me, i would've kept the Terminator theme and redid the show for the 21st century. Same concept, except you'd enter a GIANT 3D 360dome with seats in the middle that swivel, spaces for animatronics, and again, live actors. Imagine what we currently had but with screens all around you.

To see a similar LIVE example of this, see the Turtle Trek 3D experience from SeaWorld Orlando.See, it's possible! Just YouTube it, and imagine that concept with a terminator theme. Then, get some napkins due to salivating over the concept and then use the remaining napkins to wipe away your tears: we're getting despicable me instead

I looked that up, and wow...just wow. Why Universal, why? It wouldn't have cost that much to update Terminator, especially since the franchise isn't dead. Arnold is going to be in two more films, so it's not like the series isn't relevant anymore. Yeah, the videos need a modernization and Kimberley shouldn't still be wearing a 1990's flight attendant suit, but it could be done fairly easily. Besides, hasn't the Terminator franchise brought in way more money than DM? Weird on Universal's part.

I loved the entire "evil corporations" propaganda theme most of all with T2. I once had a dream that Universal lost the license to the Terminator franchise so they turned it into the Umbrella Corporation from the Resident Evil franchise. That would have been so much better than Despicable Me, because it could have been very similar to T2, with the Umbrella Corp "testing" their latest bio-weapons to the public.

I've never seen the Despicable Me movie and I don't really plan to anytime soon. Now pass the napkins...

Despicable Me was a cute movie. It was too "forced cute"somehow. Not bad at all, but i think they forced the cuteness into it more than Disney recently has done. Honestly, my biggest gripe about getting despicable me is that it's yet ANOTHER simulator. So tired of them. Sincerely am.....

I finally watched Despicable Me last week and I did enjoy it - still don't want it here. Just like I don't want Harry Potter, even though I love the books. Just don't feel like it really fits here, especially not in the space that Terminator held, since it's at the end of a French and British themed street area. 

Honestly though, and this is weird coming from me, but even though Despicable Me doesn't match the theme of London/Paris, in reality USH is already such a hodge podge of themes anyways, i don't think there's much you can do. We got The Mummy right across from frikin Jurassic Park....haha

Yeah, but how does Transformers fit into that? ;)
Easy! The Allspark shard and the Autobots and Decepticons themselves were a form of archaeological discovery when the humans found them on Earth and they themselves are ancient, like the Mummy's tomb, linking it to Revenge of the Mummy, and it deals with advanced science and technology beyond the control of humans, as well as a struggle of technological advancement and human nature (between the Decepticons and NEST and the dinosaurs that resulted from the cloning tech and the humans who pushed science too far) linking it to Jurassic Park. 

Can you tell I'm an English major? We link random and seemingly unrelated things all day long and write 12 page papers on them.