Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sting Alley?

Mar 17, 2016
Anyone have a video of a walkthrough in Sting alley at USF? I've seen some pictures but never any videos. I heard about this "hidden" region of the park recently and I was surprised I've never heard of it before since I've been to Universal Studios 6-7 times (I don't live in Florida)...I still find it hard to believe there's a spot I've missed! So any videos out there?

I did a quick search and only came up with this short ad for HHN. Ironically, this ad was for HHN at Islands of Adventure while Sting Alley is in the New York area of Universal Studios Florida.

In case you aren't exactly sure where the alley is within USF, I highlighted the area in yellow:
ZLlUTNU.jpg

I did a quick search and only came up with this short ad for HHN. Ironically, this ad was for HHN at Islands of Adventure while Sting Alley is in the New York area of Universal Studios Florida.

In case you aren't exactly sure where the alley is within USF, I highlighted the area in yellow:
ZLlUTNU.jpg

Thanks! Yeah, the only reason I heard of Sting alley was because people were saying they wanted a scarezone there for HHN and I was like wtf is sting alley? I also just read that the past few years they've been blocking the entrance to sting alley at HHN with props like cars/buses/stages which explains why I completely missed it. Still odd there's no daytime videos though.

Anyone have a video of a walkthrough in Sting alley at USF? I've seen some pictures but never any videos. I heard about this "hidden" region of the park recently and I was surprised I've never heard of it before since I've been to Universal Studios 6-7 times (I don't live in Florida)...I still find it hard to believe there's a spot I've missed! So any videos out there?

Do google street view. Zoom in on the standard map view then grab the streetview man and drop him on the blue line in the alley. Trying to get there from the main drag is iffy as one view will let you enter and another view will not.

Do google street view. Zoom in on the standard map view then grab the streetview man and drop him on the blue line in the alley. Trying to get there from the main drag is iffy as one view will let you enter and another view will not.

It worked, thanks! So yes, I now know that I did indeed walk right past this area multiple times, oblivious :saywhat:...
It does look like quite immersive though, probably kinda spooky at night! and I can definitely see why people were mentioning they want a scarezone there again...although it would definitely be too crowded with the current crowds at HHN!

It worked, thanks! So yes, I now know that I did indeed walk right past this area multiple times, oblivious :saywhat:...
It does look like quite immersive though, probably kinda spooky at night! and I can definitely see why people were mentioning they want a scarezone there again...although it would definitely be too crowded with the current crowds at HHN!

Crowding is a big reason as to why we won't ever see it as a scarezone again. Just look at Dead Man's Wharf last year and that had more room.

Crowding is a big reason as to why we won't ever see it as a scarezone again. Just look at Dead Man's Wharf last year and that had more room.
Agreed, Sting Alley was crazy crowded and congested back when crowding wasn't even an issue. It would be nice to use it again but wouldn't expect it again unless it is something like what they did for Lady Luck which was really just a Meet and Greet.

Would love to see them start using Central Park again. That place was a goldmine of scares back in the day.

I'm a huge fan of Sting Alley. The ambiance is great and the scenery is fantastic. It's quite possibly the most immersive spot on property. Definitely worth checking out sometime!

Good eye!!! Yeah the song was pretty bad and I have absolutely 0 idea of what the heck was supposed to be going on and why there were ninjas.... yeah no idea what that though process was.

Good eye!!! Yeah the song was pretty bad and I have absolutely 0 idea of what the heck was supposed to be going on and why there were ninjas.... yeah no idea what that though process was.
ha ha after I posted it I watched it on mute and thought exactly the same... wtf is going on?
My eye isn't as good as I'd like, I happened to be at the studios when they shot it so just remember it from that lol

Not gonna lie, I was hoping someone would ask why they call it Sting Alley. I've been feeling the need to tell one or more random punk kids to get offa my lawn.

Not gonna lie, I was hoping someone would ask why they call it Sting Alley. I've been feeling the need to tell one or more random punk kids to get offa my lawn.

Same. It to s funny people keep mentioning NYC only but it is also supposed to connect and double as Chicago.