Star Wars Mini Land coming to DLP in 2015? | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars Mini Land coming to DLP in 2015?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
this is exactly what they should do in Disney Studios. The Cantina is a no brainer, and would be a huge hit...

If they got rid of Backlot Express and Sounds Dangerous, there would definitely be enough room for expanding. Cantina would fit easily with tons of room to spare. I kind of wish they'd gut Idol, too, conjoin Indy and Star Wars and just have a LucasLand :)

*70-80's Lucas Land

If they got rid of Backlot Express and Sounds Dangerous, there would definitely be enough room for expanding. Cantina would fit easily with tons of room to spare. I kind of wish they'd gut Idol, too, conjoin Indy and Star Wars and just have a LucasLand :)

*70-80's Lucas Land

Never really been a fan of the "Lucasland" fan concept. I'd rather see a dedicated Star Wars land using the stunt show plot for a new E-ticket, and move Indy over to Adventureland.

Never really been a fan of the "Lucasland" fan concept. I'd rather see a dedicated Star Wars land using the stunt show plot for a new E-ticket, and move Indy over to Adventureland.

I don't think MK will ever make room for a non-Disney franchise. I'll take a Lucas expansion either way, be it Indy or Star Wars. With Star Wars being the time-tested winner that it is, and with Weekends being an annual hit, I don't know why they haven't an expansion by now. Especially with Potter on the prowl.

Ive seen people argue that expanding Star Wars weekends would cheapen the feel of the experience. I think that Potter is reason enough to belive that a Star Wars land would work great. I would also like them to build that Indiana Jones dark ride every other Disney park seems to have. So Lucas land could be an even better idea.

American Idol sucks.

I don't think MK will ever make room for a non-Disney franchise. I'll take a Lucas expansion either way, be it Indy or Star Wars. With Star Wars being the time-tested winner that it is, and with Weekends being an annual hit, I don't know why they haven't an expansion by now. Especially with Potter on the prowl.

Because, and I truly believe this, Iger is obsessed with the NEW. Sure, Star Wars is the proven hit, but Avatar is NEW. And that's important to Iger.

--- Update ---

American Idol sucks.

The attraction itself really doesn't suck. It's a quality attraction with a flawed premise for a theme park.

The attraction itself really doesn't suck. It's a quality attraction with a flawed premise for a theme park.

That's a good way of putting it. It's really well done for what is it. Definitely up to the quality of Disney shows. In the grand scheme of what I want changed at DHS, it's way down on the list.

That's a good way of putting it. It's really well done for what is it. Definitely up to the quality of Disney shows. In the grand scheme of what I want changed at DHS, it's way down on the list.

Yea. Backlot Tour and the Sounds Dangerous Theater are in much more desperate need of changes than AIE.

Yea. Backlot Tour and the Sounds Dangerous Theater are in much more desperate need of changes than AIE.

My list would be:

1. Backlot Tour, because fixing it can completely change the overall feel of the park.
2. A new Star Wars E or D ticket and a Cantina.
3. Sounds Dangerous, obviously.
4. A Great Movie Ride update, I can dream can't I? :pray:
5. HISTK Movie Playset, should never have been built in the first place.

My list would be:

1. Backlot Tour, because fixing it can completely change the overall feel of the park.
2. A new Star Wars E or D ticket and a Cantina.
3. Sounds Dangerous, obviously.
4. A Great Movie Ride update, I can dream can't I? :pray:
5. HISTK Movie Playset, should never have been built in the first place.

1) It just needs to be ripped out. It takes up SUCH a large area. It would make for a great place to expand Pixar Place.
2) It should just take over the Indy Stunt Show. There's really no reason to keep it.
3) Yea. It's not a big spot, but it can be used for a B-C ticket experience.
4) It just needs some tech upgrades. I'd hate to see any of the scenes changed, save for maybe Tarzan.
5) I'm fine with HISTK. It doesn't take up much space at all. That being said, I'd like to see it rethemed to Bug's Life.

1) It just needs to be ripped out. It takes up SUCH a large area. It would make for a great place to expand Pixar Place.
2) It should just take over the Indy Stunt Show. There's really no reason to keep it.
3) Yea. It's not a big spot, but it can be used for a B-C ticket experience.
4) It just needs some tech upgrades. I'd hate to see any of the scenes changed, save for maybe Tarzan.
5) I'm fine with HISTK. It doesn't take up much space at all. That being said, I'd like to see it rethemed to Bug's Life.

If Backlot Tour was still a Backlot it would make sense to keep it, but as it stands, there is no reason to keep it running. Ideally, Disney could be striving to obtain east-coast rights to Marvel. Because with NY Street (character M&G), a theater at the end of SanFran Street (Stark Expo), and the stunt show (rethemeable), BLT would make for more than enough room for a Marvel E-Ticket attraction.

I still don't understand why HISTK is not Bug's Life by now. I don't think anyone does. Maybe once the Monsters Inc. Coaster comes to town, they'll change the play ground, too :p

^^^I don't think Disney has a shot in hell of prying Marvel away from Uni, especially after The Avengers and Amazing Spider-man do huge business. There's really no other property Uni can replace them with that would be nearly as popular.

^^^I don't think Disney has a shot in hell of prying Marvel away from Uni, especially after The Avengers and Amazing Spider-man do huge business. There's really no other property Uni can replace them with that would be nearly as popular.

I know. But I would be ecstatic if Disney pulled it off. It's just a nice location for Marvel with tons of room and the right park to do it in.

Eh, I'm torn on the issue. Mostly because I love MSHI, and don't think Disney would top Spider-man. But it is the perfect area for them.

I doubt they'd make a Spider-Man ride before The Avengers at this point. Maybe the parks could share like good little theme park giants where IOA keeps their Marvel attractions and Disney makes their own new ones. Wishful thinking is an illness. I need to get on the meds.