Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 93 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I saw something today about a new hotel in the Swan/Dolphin/Boardwalk area that was supposedly a small, boutique type.
Could this be where the Star Wars themed hotel would go?
Makes sense since they could setup a themed/exclusive launch to DHS.

I saw something today about a new hotel in the Swan/Dolphin/Boardwalk area that was supposedly a small, boutique type.
Could this be where the Star Wars themed hotel would go?
Makes sense since they could setup a themed/exclusive launch to DHS.
Maybe?? Or it's just a Dolphin-Swan addition.

That's a pretty credible rumor... the S&D owns the land in that area so if they see reason to suggest more rooms are in demand, then you can bet they will get built. Bottom line, it will be a third party hotel.

In other words, this project has nothing to do with Star Wars.

I said it for Disneyland and I have to say it again. That is some serious structural steel for a static structure that will be covered in fiberglass or a similar molded body. #disneybudget

It's likely that the structures were designed to withstand earthquakes in CA and the exact same plans were copied over to Florida. I remember a story where Disney's constructions standards were updated a few years ago after the mild earthquake in LA that caused issues with WoC. This then drove the budget of RoL way up and led to one very pissed exec who's no longer with the company...

Reactions: Mad Dog
So I noticed some comments in the Muppets thread about Star Tours not surviving the new Star Wars land. What is this based on? Is Disney really gonna ax Star Tours? And put what there?

So I noticed some comments in the Muppets thread about Star Tours not surviving the new Star Wars land. What is this based on? Is Disney really gonna ax Star Tours? And put what there?
Personally I'd clone the Indy ride from Cali...But I'm sure it will just be re-skined with a Pixar movie ride...Probably cars, cause people like cars I guess

Reactions: Joel and SpyderDan
Speculation?

No telling what could go in there, but I assume that ride would remain open for a year at least after Star Wars land opens to help with crowds.

After that who knows. Incredibles maybe? That's been my theory. (Since it can't be Iron Man like they have in Hong Kong with the Marvel rules in Orlando, and I doubt Disneyland will want a Marvel ride that isn't built in the new land at DCA.)

Personally I'd clone the Indy ride from Cali...But I'm sure it will just be re-skined with a Pixar movie ride...Probably cars, cause people like cars I guess

Well, that would be my choice but we all know they're not bringing Indy here.

Speculation?

No telling what could go in there, but I assume that ride would remain open for a year at least after Star Wars land opens to help with crowds.

After that who knows. Incredibles maybe? That's been my theory. (Since it can't be Iron Man like they have in Hong Kong with the Marvel rules in Orlando, and I doubt Disneyland will want a Marvel ride that isn't built in the new land at DCA.)

So all they're likely to do is reskin it? I guess I shouldn't be surprised. How long has it been since the new Star Tours opened? I am a little surprised that Disney just wouldn't leave it there indefinitely, in spite of the new land. I mean given how recently it was updated and that they love milking brands...

Reactions: Coasted
Speculation?

The plan is to leave it open through the Grand Opening of the SWE, then shut it down for a retheme.

The one concept I heard was to turn it into a crazy bus ride with Flash from Zootopia driving the bus. TDO liked the talking animals next to the muppets as a type of KidZone for DHS. I have no clue if that is still in consideration.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel and Alicia
The plan is to leave it open through the Grand Opening of the SWE, then shut it down for a retheme.

The one concept I heard was to turn it into a crazy bus ride with Flash from Zootopia driving the bus. TDO liked the talking animals next to the muppets as a type of KidZone for DHS. I have no clue of that is still in consideration.
You mentioned this about a year ago and I didn't believe it then and I still don't believe it now. No offense to you or your sources.

Zootopia just makes so little sense for that type of ride system, imo.

Fair enough. What have you heard?
Nothing much as far as replacements... just that ST is likely to stay until the 50th and then close. I just think there's far too much time between now and whenever it closes for things to change. I wouldn't be surprised at something Indy just due to location, but I think if it's going to be an animated franchise taking over, Incredibles or BH6 makes more sense than Zootopia. I won't be surprised by anything, though.

Nothing much as far as replacements... just that ST is likely to stay until the 50th and then close. I just think there's far too much time between now and whenever it closes for things to change. I wouldn't be surprised at something Indy just due to location, but I think if it's going to be an animated franchise taking over, Incredibles or BH6 makes more sense than Zootopia. I won't be surprised by anything, though.
The 50th isn't that long after SWL opens. And I have the feeling that the "plan" has been a bit fluid since SWL got moved to the back of the park. I would bet money that they don't actually have a solid plan for it or the whole Indy/ST area yet.

They seem to be focusing on Epcot right now.