Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 91 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Pop Century got some pretty generic upgraded rooms recently, if you didn't notice...
Personally, I don't think that the Pop Century name/branding is long for this world.

However, if you're trying to infer that Pop may soon become SW themed, I highly doubt it. Due to how small the rooms are, they couldn't charge anywhere near what they could at a truly immersive hotel.

At 400 rooms, this would make it Disney's smallest resort so reservations will be SCARCE.

Reactions: Jon84
At 400 rooms, this would make it Disney's smallest resort so reservations will be SCARCE.
IF the room number is correct (and I have a lot of doubt), at only 400 rooms, you better bet the price tag for a room will be through the roof.

Blog Mickey got some pics of the beginnings of the static AT-ATs that will be a part of the ride:

StarWarsLand-BattleEscape-061817-3.jpg

StarWarsLand-BattleEscape-061817-5.jpg

PHOTOS - Construction Begins on AT-AT's for Star Wars Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios - Blog Mickey

It's a good thing this is still years off. I'm going to have to have more time to save for a $1000 a night hotel....

Southern California is definitely the look they are going for. It's more to keep the Old Hollywood theme from the front of the park going.

Also, those buildings exterior match the interior of PizzeRizzo.
People think I'm crazy, but on the bulletin board upstairs at PizzeRizzo it clearly shows the address as CA. Sure it's a NY style pizzeria, but it's located in southern CA.

I like that they're trying to create *some* cohesive theming to the park... while they sorta mess it up at the same time. With the exceptions of portals to a galaxy far away and Andy's backyard, we're all Hollywood now.

People think I'm crazy, but on the bulletin board upstairs at PizzeRizzo it clearly shows the address as CA. Sure it's a NY style pizzeria, but it's located in southern CA.

I like that they're trying to create *some* cohesive theming to the park... while they sorta mess it up at the same time. With the exceptions of portals to a galaxy far away and Andy's backyard, we're all Hollywood now.
Hope the front all stays Hollywood. We love the theme & the music. Alene & I always stay till park closing, and we dance in the streets to that great movie time music as the last people leave.:)..Hooray For Hollywood. :thumbsup:...It's a tiny little park. Right now, it's no bigger than Kennywood Park in hometown Pittsburgh. But we love it nonetheless.

Reactions: Alicia
People think I'm crazy, but on the bulletin board upstairs at PizzeRizzo it clearly shows the address as CA. Sure it's a NY style pizzeria, but it's located in southern CA

Please Alicia don't insult real NYC pizza like that. (Jk)

I hope the new color scheme is a sign of the rockwork and designs being implemented as the entryway to the land. My industrial engineering brain is in overdrive now.

Please Alicia don't insult real NYC pizza like that. (Jk)

I hope the new color scheme is a sign of the rockwork and designs being implemented as the entryway to the land. My industrial engineering brain is in overdrive now.
You mean like CA mountainous hills on the front and alien planet on the back?

Do you think the front facing part will look like the tunnel to Toontown (an unassuming road tunnel) and space hills on the other side?

Like this?
IMG_7348.JPG

As seen in Roger Rabbit:
IMG_7349.JPG

I'm sure Disney wants their own Diagon Alley style reveal, so I'm thinking as unassuming looking as possible on the front facing side.

EDIT: And I said the pizzeria was NY style, but never said the "pizza" was. ;)

You mean like CA mountainous hills on the front and alien planet on the back?

Do you think the front facing part will look like the tunnel to Toontown (an unassuming road tunnel) and space hills on the other side?

Like this?
View attachment 4736

As seen in Roger Rabbit:
View attachment 4737

I'm sure Disney wants their own Diagon Alley style reveal, so I'm thinking as unassuming looking as possible on the front facing side.

EDIT: And I said the pizzeria was NY style, but never said the "pizza" was. ;)

Also Back to the Future Part 2!

IMG_0406.JPG