Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Space Mountain Refurbishment

Jul 14, 2010
Looks like Space Mountain will be closing for a few days 3 times in September. Exact dates are:

September 3 to September 5 2013
September 10 to September 12 2013
September 23 to September 26 2013

Also an intersting rumor on WDWMagic:
Trim brakes coming to Space Mountain during upcoming refurbishment? Jun 12, 2013 | 1:17pm EDT
Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on printMore Sharing Services
We reported yesterday that the Magic Kingdom's Space Mountain coaster will be closing during periods of September for refurbishment and we now have a little more information on what work is expected to be done.
It appears that at least part of the work will involve trim brakes being added along the track with the aim of reducing the speed during parts of the ride. The exact reasons for this are not clear, but typically trim brakes are added for safety purposes, to reduce g-forces, or to reduce wear and tear on the track and vehicles.

Give me a break, welk not really, but this ride barely hits 30 mph as it is and now they want to slow it down more. It's a fun ride with decent flow and last thing i want to see is this.

Give me a break, welk not really, but this ride barely hits 30 mph as it is and now they want to slow it down more. It's a fun ride with decent flow and last thing i want to see is this.

As cheap as they are, I'm still surprised they wanna spend money now to save it later. When they typically just ignore it and hope it goes away.

Remind me not to go on those dates. 35 years later and Space is still the best ride in the park.

^That's why I don't go there anymore. The "thrill rides" are weak. Space Mountain is still an awesome ride though.

What's that?! Our MK's Space Mtn. is actually receiving it's proper refurbishment?! New Track & vehicles like Disneyland received?!

...and then I woke up.

I timed it perfectly to be on during Wishes last week. Amazing.

The other night I went down Splash Mountain's main drop during Wishes. The second we reached the top, a beautiful display of fireworks lit up the sky. That was the best thing ever. I tried to run to BTMR while the show was still going, but I was too late...

I timed it perfectly to be on during Wishes last week. Amazing.

In April, it was so dead, we rode splash 5 times, including back to back to back without getting off, during wishes! It was absolutley so incredible the outside parts. The boat was just my wife, my 5 year old son and me. Talk about memories!

As cheap as they are, I'm still surprised they wanna spend money now to save it later. When they typically just ignore it and hope it goes away.

I'm also shocked they're doing this. If this really slows the ride down they might as well say screw it and do a complete rebuild.

I'm still very bitter that we got such a crappy refurb a few years back...why couldnt we be as lucky as Disneyland?