SNES Classic | Inside Universal Forums

SNES Classic

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
The SNES Classic has been officially annoucned for September 29th.

Included in this, is Earthbound, Donkey Kong Country, Super Metroid, Starfox 2, and much more; as it will cost 79 dollars USD.

What do you think? Comment Down below!

How much was the NES classic? I regret not ordering one :(
If they are jumping up in price, that's a good thing- and lets hope the cord is longer.

• Contra III: The Alien Wars
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • EarthBound
  • Final Fantasy III
  • F-ZERO
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Mega Man® X
  • Secret of Mana
  • Star Fox
  • Star Fox 2
  • Street Fighter® II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts®
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Punch-Out!!
  • Yoshi’s Island
21 Games for $79 vs the NES Classic which was 30 games for $59.
They clearly saw all the money they left on the table- Although- this comes with two controllers- duh! :D

Last edited:
Very excited for this. That's incredible that they're releasing a brand new game with it. Gives me hope that it won't be so hard to get as the NES Classic. I also think Super Mario RPG is an awesome choice, I seem to remember hearing that one was rather rare. I had a copy growing up and really enjoyed it.

I am little bummed that DKC2 isn't on there, though.

Ill be getting this, and most likely ordering it from Universal as Ill be there during release haha.

Star Fox brings back so many memories

Yeeeeesssss!

Now, wil this be compatible with the older cartridges? If so, I will have quite a few games to add to that collection.

this isn't actually a working system. It's a box that holds ROMS.

I really think it looks good, and the price is just about right, but from what I hear, these will be extremely limited. If you aren't there Day 1, expect to pay at least 50% more than it's retail price.

Reactions: Andysol
Is there a significance to putting 21 games? I feel like they could have stretched it to 25 and added a few beat-ems up like Final Fight/Turtles in Time/Battle Toads-Double Dragon, a sports game like NBA Jam and then of course just wrap it up with Chrono Trigger.

Either way this will most likely elude me unless I pre-order. Just don't have time/patience to wait outside a store.

Is there a significance to putting 21 games? I feel like they could have stretched it to 25 and added a few beat-ems up like Final Fight/Turtles in Time/Battle Toads-Double Dragon, a sports game like NBA Jam and then of course just wrap it up with Chrono Trigger.
I'm not surprised that they haven't included any games that would involve third-party licensing.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush

I'm not surprised that they haven't included any games that would involve third-party licensing.

Pretty sure several of those games are third-party. Secret of Mana and Final Fantasy III (VI if you're counting) are both from the same company as Chrono Trigger.

I'm really debating picking this up because I'm kicking myself about the NES Classic, but I still have my SNES and many of these games (and Chrono Trigger). I feel like I would be happier if I bought them whenever I decide to pick up a Switch. Of course that's assuming that will be an option and not completely in left field of pricing.

I'd be really interested in picking this up, but even if it's available more widely than the NES Classic was, I almost feel like passing just on principle, because the way Nintendo handled the release and supply of the NES Classic was pretty shameful.

Reactions: MrRoamer
But aren't there a lot there that are third-party?

Capcom: Super Ghouls and Ghosts, Mega Man X, Street Fighter II
Square: Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy III (really Final Fantasy 6)
Konami: Contra III, Castlevania IV
I suppose what I was trying to say was that it is probably not worth the effort to negotiate through all through legal red tape that you'd have to get through for something like the NBA or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Making a deal within the video game industry is probably relatively straightforward, but once you toss cross-platform mega-IP into the mix...

Yeah I definitely need this haha. SNES was the console of my childhood. This and N64. With the SNES though, I actually still have mine and most of these games. So in essence, I don't really need this, but I need it! My NES was long gone so that intensified my pursuit of the NES Classic (I was able to get one). Mega Man X and Donkey Kong Country are 2 of my favorite games of all time

I just hope Nintendo doesn't screw this up. But they will

So is it confirmed in store only? no pre order and no online orders? Or do I have bad info?

Well hopefully they learned their mistake from the NES Classic and put it up for pre-order so they can have an idea how many they need to produce. But something tells me they already have a number in mind because they've stated they don't anticipate producing any beyond 2017.

So that might cause more of a frenzy now since it's known it's going to be a limited run. People probably held out on the NES Classic thinking it'd be more available after the holiday season