Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lionsgate World Resort

Thoughts on SkyPlex?

• I want it!

• I have concerns, but still want to see it built.

• I hate it!

• I don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I doubt Universal would build this. I think Busch Gardens has a higher chance, but even then I think it's unlikely. I can see this being an I-4 addition of some kind, maybe even a Fun Spot addition.

I was thinking that since it is theoretically an observation tower as well as a coaster, it could be a good fit for Busch Gardens, offering a new vantage point for the Serengeti.

My initial reaction is this thing looks to be a "stand-alone" (somewhere on I-Drive) or something that could go in one of the mini-amusement parks (Fun Spot).

When thinking about if they theme it... DHS could have one built to look like a giant water tower with mouse ears :pound:

IDK it just seems more like an amusement park attraction than a theme park attraction.

All I'm saying is a little birdie :lol: chirped something about BGT regarding a PolerCoaster.

And yes, HM55 it would fit in great at I-Drive Live

Last edited:
I heard that the one coming to Florida was going to Orlando. Busch Gardens isn't in Orlando...

I believe you more than likely heard this from Lance? He had heard the it was coming to central Florida and he had interpreted that as Orlando. He has since realized that the only confirmed location is somewhere in Florida, Lance did correct this info on Screamscape.

It would make more sense from a business standpoint to have this go in one of the theme parks. Orlando isn't Vegas, people don't walk up and down I Drive looking for roller coasters to pay for when they're more than likely already paying to go to Disney World or Universal.

It definitely wouldn't go in Disney. Universal seems to be moving away from the HRRR model...so that leaves Busch Gardens. This thing looks expensive and Fun Spot/Old Town more than likely can't afford the tallest roller coaster in the world, nor do they have the appropriate infrastructure to handle the crowds it would attract.

I'm actually just throwing the idea out there is all...

I'm actually just throwing the idea out there is all...

Well, I think the coolest thing that can possibly happen is what someone said here but with a twist on it. FFL,MIB and plot of land behind simpsons becomes Japan. Have a godzilla ride and F&F (Tokyo drift) ride - Both Etickets. would be cool if it starts themed indoor like Test Track (with more action and ducking cars - maybe going under a truck like in the movies), then as you blast outside you go up the Pollercoaster.

of course this is ones boys dream.

being realistic

Universal, Disney & Seaworld wont get it due to
- Theming
- Area
- Cost (Seaworld)
- They dont really need it

Busch Gardens & Fun spot
- If it is in Florida and not in orlando, I Busch Gardens getting it
- If it is in orlando and orlando only, I see fun spot getting it

As for Citywalk 2.0
- Disney & Universal dont need rides like this in those areas, like tyler said, and he is right, this isnt vegas
- This is an area for partying but also for quiet and comfort, relaxing and great restaurants, they wont use the room for a coaster that will be better for a future area or for a future park

If it goes to BGT, it would be cool if it was themed to some animal traveling and climbing its way to the top of a giant tree (the PolerCoaster tower) with the observation deck being themed to a view from the treetop. Hey that actually wouldn't sound bad! Plus with a thrilling coaster, we also get a relaxing family ride that gives you great views (observation tower)!

Coaster Crew's YouTube interview with S&S confirmed that the people who have put down a deposit, will make an announcement in the next 2-3 weeks...we'll all know soon enough as to the location ;).

Last edited: