Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

Apparently reviews are bad.
The reviewer here for the Pittsburgh Post Gazette went in depth comparing it to the Three Stooges movie "We Want Our Mummy" in which the Three Stooges search for King Rootin-Tootin.....
"Why am I telling you the plot pf a 1939 short that cost maybe $5,000 to make? Because its better, more fun and far more original than that of the $125 million extravaganza at hand. " Barry Paris, Pittsburgh Post Gazette...:)

I would mind B.Fraser's video if there wasn't that interlude with the flaming ceiling and broken glass. . . I mean I feel that's a good climax, and MIB ends with a video too. . .

I mean sure MIB has a lot more to do with the plot, but in a way Mummy's does too. If you watch the videos in the queue that is. . .

I just don't see it as much of a problem, the guests seem to enjoy it.

The Mummy is my favorite ride at the Studios. It's got really cool scenes and effects, some awesome AAs for Uni standards, and some nice airtime at the beginning. It's not perfect, but I still love it. If UOR decided to get rid of it, I would not be happy.

The USH version has a better story than USF's "We're going into the movie" narrative, but it is really doesn't bother me that much. If they wanted to make improvements on the story, It can be an easy fix. Just get rid of any references to it being a movie set in the queue. The facade can stay disguised as a meuseum and I would still buy the transition into a cursed tomb.

Other than story, I think the only glaring issues are the turntable room and the ending. Put some stuff in there and switch out the transition scene of lit up writings on the wall for USH's zombie room and it would be a perfect ride.

The Mummy shouldn't close since it's my favorite indoor coaster ever. If anything make improvements. Since the new one isn't doing so hot (But doing pretty good overseas, oddly enough), I'm glad this won't be going anywhere. I guess it would cancel out any hopes on improving it though.

The Mummy is my favorite ride at the Studios. It's got really cool scenes and effects, some awesome AAs for Uni standards, and some nice airtime at the beginning. It's not perfect, but I still love it. If UOR decided to get rid of it, I would not be happy.

The USH version has a better story than USF's "We're going into the movie" narrative, but it is really doesn't bother me that much. If they wanted to make improvements on the story, It can be an easy fix. Just get rid of any references to it being a movie set in the queue. The facade can stay disguised as a meuseum and I would still buy the transition into a cursed tomb.

Other than story, I think the only glaring issues are the turntable room and the ending. Put some stuff in there and switch out the transition scene of lit up writings on the wall for USH's zombie room and it would be a perfect ride.

The Mummy shouldn't close since it's my favorite indoor coaster ever. If anything make improvements. Since the new one isn't doing so hot (But doing pretty good overseas, oddly enough), I'm glad this won't be going anywhere. I guess it would cancel out any hopes on improving it though.
Yeah Mummy and MIB shouldn't close, it's everyone's favorite ride.

With Comcast's power and wealth, there's no reason why any of the aliens in MIB cannot be fixed...
At a high level, this statement makes sense. To get the answer, you'd have to look a little harder at how a business this size is run. The resort has a budget for attractions maintenance. This particular AA may be an expensive fix, and management may decide that those maintenance dollars are better spent elsewhere. So yes, Comcast as a company can easily afford to fix the alien, but the real question is whether or not it can be done within the resort's maintenance budget.

Regardless if the Mummy reviews were bad, international dollars have saved it from being a complete flop. In addition, Universal is all-in on this Dark Universe and hopes to right the ship with Bride of Frankenstein.

Easiest fix for Mummy to please everyone? Same ride, updated.

But keep an eye on Mummy, regardless.

At a high level, this statement makes sense. To get the answer, you'd have to look a little harder at how a business this size is run. The resort has a budget for attractions maintenance. This particular AA may be an expensive fix, and management may decide that those maintenance dollars are better spent elsewhere. So yes, Comcast as a company can easily afford to fix the alien, but the real question is whether or not it can be done within the resort's maintenance budget.

This is all well and true, but the fact remains a featured animatronic figure has gone immobile for literally multiple years. A figure so important it has its own audio loop and lighting package.

It's sad that I can't remember the last time I saw that AA functional. It's a really cool effect when it works.

I'm really hoping that some combination of robotics advancements or projection mapping can help make future AAs more stable. Unless contractually obligated to, Universal + Disney are going to leave these effects broken until it's convenient to get them fixed.

This is all well and true, but the fact remains a featured animatronic figure has gone immobile for literally multiple years. A figure so important it has its own audio loop and lighting package.
I completely agree that it should be fixed as soon as possible given how prominent it is in the ride. I was just looking at it from a financial perspective since that's my background.

EDIT: On another note, I just wanted to point out that this thread is becoming somewhat confusing seeing that we're getting to a point where back to back posts are discussing two different and almost completely unrelated rides. Could we possibly split them up or do we dare to let the inevitable chaos ensue?