Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure

Weird, all the on-ride POVs show the building empty.
There are a lot of POVs of the Flight of Passage queue being completely empty out there too from media previews and AP days... if you have some sort of access like that, it's easy to get a good video and a POV where you can get a good look at any details (with limited people in your shot) are often the ones that do best on Youtube.

There are a lot of POVs of the Flight of Passage queue being completely empty out there too from media previews and AP days... if you have some sort of access like that, it's easy to get a good video and a POV where you can get a good look at any details (with limited people in your shot) are often the ones that do best on Youtube.

I still maintain that GOOD attraction media has people in it for scale.

I'm so glad everyone's debating the new layout of the pavilion and not about whether it's appropriate for EPCOT or not for once! :lol:

Oh I've seen these arguments on Twitter. They whine about not strictly teaching about culture but in the end it always goes back to "uggghh IPs don't belong ever!!!"

When some gripe about this specific attraction I just say, cmon dude just stop. Just stop.

Oh I've seen these arguments on Twitter. They whine about not strictly teaching about culture but in the end it always goes back to "uggghh IPs don't belong ever!!!"

When some gripe about this specific attraction I just say, cmon dude just stop. Just stop.
I swear some people will never be pleased. For example, I was reading through what I would essentially call a bitch-fest of a thread on Magic about TRON and I swear, people seem to be just looking for any and all reasons to complain about something that they don't like.

I understand if you want to argue GotG not fitting in Epcot or how Mickey should've been an addition and not a replacement, but some of the conversation i've seen throughout the web is simply ridiculous in what people are complaining about.

Just to give an idea, Ratatouille in Paris currently has a 55 minute wait. :)
Does Ratatouille have a single rider line there or no?

I swear some people will never be pleased. For example, I was reading through what I would essentially call a bitch-fest of a thread on Magic about TRON and I swear, people seem to be just looking for any and all reasons to complain about something that they don't like.

I understand if you want to argue GotG not fitting in Epcot or how Mickey should've been an addition and not a replacement, but some of the conversation i've seen throughout the web is simply ridiculous in what people are complaining about.

The issue I have is people straight up hiding their biases behind supposed thematic integrity issues. I just go, "ok what is this REALLY about?" At least be upfront with "hey I don't really care for attractions based on intellectual properties because I care about stuff like Horizons more."

The issue I have is people straight up hiding their biases behind supposed thematic integrity issues. I just go, "ok what is this REALLY about?" At least be upfront with "hey I don't really care for attractions based on intellectual properties because I care about stuff like Horizons more."
And I get where people are coming from when they say they dislike IP in some respects. Most of those people are lifelong Disney fans that have watched classic after classic go by the wayside with IPs replacing them... Spaceship Earth is really the last of it's kind ride (uber long original ride) after UoE and GMR die off.

But at the same time, theme parks are changing and we have to adjust with it. We can't just keep pretending it's 1982 and that really any of EPCOT Center's original principals are still alive (at least in Future World). If people want to keep reliving the past through Martin's videos, then that's great, but we should be embracing the present too.

That is unless we want to live miserable lives.

That and, yknow, Ratatouille is replacing nothing and fits perfectly within the culture of the pavilion. I get being mad about GotG but this is straight-up bitterness.

What is the argument against Tron? It's literally the signature attraction in another Tomorrowland.

What is the argument against Tron? It's literally the signature attraction in another Tomorrowland.
- Another indoor coaster right next to SM
- It was designed as Shanghai's version of SM
- Apparently nobody likes TRON so the ride will be a failure
- The light cycle style seating, limiting the true ride experience for disabled (there is an "handicap" row in the back of the train)
- Too similar to SM(???)
- Too short
- The show building is huge and will be an eyesore (the only reason it's seen in SHDL is bc they have a second level to their TL)
- Doesn't fit with land aesthetics
- etc, etc, etc

Bottom line, the people that think TRON is a failed IP are out in full force. Of course, these are the same people that love original rides and love Splash Mountain too, but when you bring up the fact that it's based on Song of the South, they have excuse after excuse as to why Splash is more acceptable than Tron :bang::bang::bang:

Anyway... back to Ratatouille :topic:

Magic would give me a heart attack with all of the salt that gets passed around there.
You've gotta sort through a lot of crap to get to the actual useful posts over there.

Yes, it does!

EDIT - I found this image on google showing where this is:

View attachment 4913
Thanks! Hopefully the Single rider line comes on over to Epcot as well. WDW has a real lack of single rider lines so if Rat and Tron keep their single rider lines, that would be a big plus imo.

WDW seems to have a thing against single rider lines... both Soarin' and TSMM had it for a short time and now it's gone and FoP never even had a chance :lol:

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, Ratatouille mostly sat 3 to a row so Single Riders was perfect for it.

You've gotta sort through a lot of crap to get to the actual useful posts over there.

Thanks! Hopefully the Single rider line comes on over to Epcot as well. WDW has a real lack of single rider lines so if Rat and Tron keep their single rider lines, that would be a big plus imo.

WDW seems to have a thing against single rider lines... both Soarin' and TSMM had it for a short time and now it's gone and FoP never even had a chance :lol:
Agreed...And the few single rider lines move way way slower than Universal single rider. It's like they don't even want people in that line.

Disney doesn't often have individual seating - rather group benches. While in theory you can put a single in those slots, the groups don't like it and then people report someone touched their kid inappropriately. I'm sure it happens - the world is yucky - but it gets reported a lot more often than you'd think was reasonable.

Disney doesn't often have individual seating - rather group benches. While in theory you can put a single in those slots, the groups don't like it and then people report someone touched their kid inappropriately. I'm sure it happens - the world is yucky - but it gets reported a lot more often than you'd think was reasonable.

:yikes: Color me shocked. I didn't even know this was a thing.