Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pirates of the Caribbean - Disneyland

WDW would probably like to bring Depp back, but Disney's priority is cutting live talent entertainment at WDW, so probably no chance now. Maybe foamhead Tigger, wearing a pirate hat, could fill in for him. ;) :lol:

Last edited:
If anyone is going to dress up and get into character when they go to Disneyland, it's Johnny Depp.

So I just saw a posting that Pirates at DLR will be going down 4/23 for refurb and to replace the readhead scene. :(
Thank god I'll get to see it before the change....

I suggest if you're a local and looking to be the last riders before the change, don't wait until the last moment to ride. I had no problem riding POTC the night before it's last day of operation prior to the change with no waits... but the next night was a poop show and there were long lines and breakdowns and people couldn't ride.

Same thing happened with Universe of Energy. You don't HAVE to be the last to ride. Your memories from the day before are just as good. So stupid.

I suggest if you're a local and looking to be the last riders before the change, don't wait until the last moment to ride. I had no problem riding POTC the night before it's last day of operation prior to the change with no waits... but the next night was a poop show and there were long lines and breakdowns and people couldn't ride.

Same thing happened with Universe of Energy. You don't HAVE to be the last to ride. Your memories from the day before are just as good. So stupid.
Well, I'll be there a week before so no worries about that.
It must be me... I was in WDW the weekend that both GMR and Energy closed. I got to ride both (not THE LAST ride) the days they closed as well as grab the t-shirts for both.

Well, I'll be there a week before so no worries about that.
It must be me... I was in WDW the weekend that both GMR and Energy closed. I got to ride both (not THE LAST ride) the days they closed as well as grab the t-shirts for both.

I was there too! It was my bday. :ears: