Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Forums

Just a recent thought that popped in my mind. Maybe it's a dumb idea, but I'll throw it out here nonetheless...We've been having this discussion on the forums where we've been discussing welcoming new members & encouraging them to participate in discussions without being afraid to comment. I've also noticed that some of our newest members are actually people that are close to the action and have very pertinent information on what's happening behind the scenes. But since they're fairly new, or they don't want to blow their cover, they don't have a lot of posts. Subsequently, the "Rookie" status is still placed next to their Avatar. I was thinking maybe we should do away with that "Rookie" stuff, and just place "Member" next to their Avatar. That way they would feel more like a full status member, instead of the "Rookie" status (that kind of is a negative connotation), and their posts would be considered more significant & equal. . Like I said, maybe it's a dumb idea, but I just thought I'd mention it.

This work?

Rookie status is now "Newcomer" and is up to 100 posts, after that - they are a "Member" until 1000. After that, it goes to the usual Veteran, and Legendary.

:wave: So I have been around for quite some time, but never have been a big poster. I'm attempting to be more involved in posting on the forums as opposed to just "lurking" and reading stuff. I will try to be helpful and pass along additional knowledge here on topics in which I am familiar. I used to be fairly involved in "that other" Orlando website forum before it was shut down and look forward to making some new Universal/HHN buddies over here. :wave:

:wave: So I have been around for quite some time, but never have been a big poster. I'm attempting to be more involved in posting on the forums as opposed to just "lurking" and reading stuff. I will try to be helpful and pass along additional knowledge here on topics in which I am familiar. I used to be fairly involved in "that other" Orlando website forum before it was shut down and look forward to making some new Universal/HHN buddies over here. :wave:

About time you come around to post more!

@Briman,Website keeps logging me out, I log in browse a couple of pages and I am no longer logged in, have logged in dozen or so times in the last 15 mins. Any ideas buddy, or anyone else who may have a solition to this minor but frustrating problem.

@Briman,Website keeps logging me out, I log in browse a couple of pages and I am no longer logged in, have logged in dozen or so times in the last 15 mins. Any ideas buddy, or anyone else who may have a solition to this minor but frustrating problem.

That's odd...

Are you browsing on a "incognito" window, or have the "keep logged on" option checked?

Looking at the members online box at the side; Total: 300 (members: 62, guests: 181, robots: 57).

Stupid question but robots?

Looking at the members online box at the side; Total: 300 (members: 62, guests: 181, robots: 57).

Stupid question but robots?
From a forum that uses the same software:

Automated crawlers for search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc. They are pretty much constantly re-indexing the site.

The "Online Now" actually means "Online in the last 15 minutes".