Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System

Still enough data in there to exploit if I had nefarious purposes. Don't get me wrong its great to be nice but I would advise screenings of persons they are showing this information. At least getting names.
Google Maps is enough information to exploit for nefarious purposes. I don't understand the worry at all of a map.

Google Maps is enough information to exploit for nefarious purposes. I don't understand the worry at all of a map.

Google maps give up a basic road map of the park right so you know everywhere other people go. Then they show you the water plans, then the water treatment, etc. Its like a puzzle, the more pieces you put together, the easier it is to get around the security theatre and put guests in danger.

Complete hypothetical, Billy Bob is mad at Disney for pushing some values against his views and wants to punish them for it so he goes to Reedy Creek because he was told they give all information easily. He gets the information and then uses google maps to find out vulnerable locations. He realizes hey I can't do the old school way thats been done for years because of the security at monorails, why not mess with the water supply for all of WDW. So he does that, now leading to health hazards making people sick.

Yes FOIA gives people rights to information but those request must be in writing is part of the rules so you can know who is asking for information.

Google maps give up a basic road map of the park right so you know everywhere other people go. Then they show you the water plans, then the water treatment, etc. Its like a puzzle, the more pieces you put together, the easier it is to get around the security theatre and put guests in danger.

Complete hypothetical, Billy Bob is mad at Disney for pushing some values against his views and wants to punish them for it so he goes to Reedy Creek because he was told they give all information easily. He gets the information and then uses google maps to find out vulnerable locations. He realizes hey I can't do the old school way thats been done for years because of the security at monorails, why not mess with the water supply for all of WDW. So he does that, now leading to health hazards making people sick.

Yes FOIA gives people rights to information but those request must be in writing is part of the rules so you can know who is asking for information.
There's a difference between the FOIA and public information. Public information is publicly available, FOIA requests are usually for information that isn't readily available to the public.

Also the water supply as in any municipality isn't just publicly open. It would be far easier to smuggle weapons into the park than it would be to tamper with the water.

Just about any info that someone wants is out there when it comes to Disney, it's just a case of looking for it. When there are thousands on every little thing they do all the time, it all becomes public knowledge.

anyone know if the gondolas would be going in or out of existing buildings or over the lake.Whats also suppose to happen to the boats.

They generally like to have two forms of transportation so there are options and back ups in the event something goes amiss.

Well they are starting to test driverless shuttles for CMs apparently: Walt Disney World plans to deploy driverless shuttles at theme parks - Orlando Sentinel

750x422

I would guess these will be tested as EPCOT shuttles like they tested the all electric buses for that route.

And if they would get to building or staging or something! we would be talking about that. Typical of construction threads

well you did point out on my aerial photo that the construction behind germany is supposedly going to be the staging site for the gondolas, correct?

I am very surprised at how close this will be to the IG entrance. I would have thought the station would be better on the other side of the bridge since this will be a real security bottleneck if the gondolas provide the traffic shift they are hoping for.
Heck, they still have a big issue IMHO with the security setup at Epcot. I think the work done at MK and T&TC was great and they need to do something similar at Epcot to backup and widen the entrance. I wonder if the redo planned on the entry plaza will address this as well?