Minor Rock'n'Roller Coaster Upgrade? | Inside Universal Forums

Minor Rock'n'Roller Coaster Upgrade?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
A reader sent an e-mail saying that RnR looks like it recieved some unnoticed love. He mentions the launch appears to have more visible blacklighting and some new cutouts, where one sort of looks like ToT. (and just to note, he says he's a RnR avid rider.)

Anyone else notice the changes?

A reader sent an e-mail saying that RnR looks like it recieved some unnoticed love. He mentions the launch appears to have more visible blacklighting and some new cutouts, where one sort of looks like ToT. (and just to note, he says he's a RnR avid rider.)

Anyone else notice the changes?

Unless it was added since last Thursday, I haven't seen anything. Could be really new.

Wasn't sure if this was worthy of a new thread (being just a rumor), but Screamscape is reporting that a Hyperspace Mountain style overlay may be in the works for RnR to add more Star Wars quickly.

I know a lot of people discount Screamscape's news and rumors, but sometimes they are right (even a stopped clock is right twice a day!), and while I haven't heard this from any of my Disney sources, once again it fits the pattern that Disney seems to be getting into of quick (relatively) cheap makeovers to existing attractions to counter the competition's new offerings and capitalize on hot properties.

I'm not sure how this would work since I'd guess there are contractual obligations for Aerosmith and what they can or cannot do. It does make sense they might try something like this to keep people coming to DHS for the next few (3-5) years while the rest of the park is a construction zone, but taking one of the few major attraction off-line for a makeover may be tricky.

Reactions: Brian G. and *Q*
I don't think I can believe this one since it would be so far from the other star wars stuff in the park and would be more permanent than something like launch bay. Also, that park can't lose anymore capacity at this point. So taking any ride down would be a huge mistake. Also, do they want any more crowds in DHS? I mean capacity is so low I have to imagine bringing more people into that one park is not ideal.

It's just as far away as Star War Launch Bay which is also a temporary overlay of an existing attraction.

Wasn't sure if this was worthy of a new thread (being just a rumor), but Screamscape is reporting that a Hyperspace Mountain style overlay may be in the works for RnR to add more Star Wars quickly.

I know a lot of people discount Screamscape's news and rumors, but sometimes they are right (even a stopped clock is right twice a day!), and while I haven't heard this from any of my Disney sources, once again it fits the pattern that Disney seems to be getting into of quick (relatively) cheap makeovers to existing attractions to counter the competition's new offerings and capitalize on hot properties.

I'm not sure how this would work since I'd guess there are contractual obligations for Aerosmith and what they can or cannot do. It does make sense they might try something like this to keep people coming to DHS for the next few (3-5) years while the rest of the park is a construction zone, but taking one of the few major attraction off-line for a makeover may be tricky.

This makes more sense and could still work within a music theme.

I don't think I can believe this one since it would be so far from the other star wars stuff in the park and would be more permanent than something like launch bay. Also, that park can't lose anymore capacity at this point. So taking any ride down would be a huge mistake. Also, do they want any more crowds in DHS? I mean capacity is so low I have to imagine bringing more people into that one park is not ideal.
They don't need to close the ride... it already exists:

That was for TFA premiere event at DHS. During regular park hours, it was Aerosmith. A few hours later, Star Wars. This could be up and running tomorrow if they wanted.

That was for TFA premiere event at DHS. During regular park hours, it was Aerosmith. A few hours later, Star Wars. This could be up and running tomorrow if they wanted.

I think it could be the kind of thing where they do an after-hours installation over a period of time, adding screens, projectors, props, etc., and then one day just flip the on switch.

Reactions: Ryan and Nick

Oh, I didn't realize it was a temporary overlay or that it could be done so quickly. I thought it was a more permanent thing. I take back my comments then.

That would make sense to me as well. So I wonder when the contract expires...

He was there a couple of months ago. Don't know if it means anything or not though.

Seems like a cool guy too. I have this weird thing of thinking if I met a celebrity at a bar and bought them a pint, if they would return the favour and he definately seems like he would.

He was there a couple of months ago. Don't know if it means anything or not though.

Seems like a cool guy too. I have this weird thing of thinking if I met a celebrity at a bar and bought them a pint, if they would return the favour and he definately seems like he would.

It was on his birthday he went, so whatever day that is is when he was there.

Not much, I saw him TWICE in Epcot before the attraction was open. I think he's just a fan of WDW and loves going with his family (no joke, he sat next to us back to back nights at Epcot during dinner).