Meet and Greets | Inside Universal Forums

Meet and Greets

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skold

Platinum Member
Feb 17, 2016
.,. or as Spirit likes the call them, Meet-and-Gropes!

I am still bitter about Snow White's Scary Adventure being replaced with one of these things.

But, then we went to Raptor Encounter when it first came out and wow, that was awesome. The TM used our camera and took about 20 pics, and Google stitched them together to make a pretty funny mini-movie.

My then-8-year-old loved posing with Optimus Prime, but we still avoid Megatron. Bumblebee is an annoyance at best. :p

Then, we met Hello Kitty right after that opened, and my wife was in tears!

i guess a kinda like em now...

I love people watching at meet and greets. Sometimes you'll see the most hardened and grumpy looking old men go weak at the knees when they meet Minnie Mouse.

Reactions: RevFreako
Never seen a Disney M&G that I, as an adult, would want to stand in a line to experience. But, the Universal M&G's are great entertainment. The Raptor, great fun, is the only one you really need to stand in a line to experience. Transformers & Donkey/Shrek you can experience just by standing on the periphery. Betty Boop & Marilyn are cool too.

Reactions: JoeCamel
i actively avoid these. Not sure how a mid-40s guy can do these without it coming off as creepy... :)
As long as your GF is there with you taking a picture it looks fine. Generally they come up to us anyway. It's always spontaneous. I never wait in a line. :)

As long as your GF is there with you taking a picture it looks fine. Generally they come up to us anyway. It's always spontaneous. I never wait in a line. :)

This response is worthless without pics. :D

Edit: creep factor kicked in, this is a joke. DO NOT POST PICS. lol!

Reactions: Mad Dog
I love a good meet and greet, but not waiting in them line for them. I can't believe how long people will wait for some meet and greets at Disney (especially those at the parties like the Seven Dwarves, Jack & Sally, etc.)

Is it sad that ever since they changed Mickey's head, I have zero desire to take a pic with him again?

Oh and I've been lucky enough to do 3 Laika meet and greets at Universal: Paranorman, Boxtrolls, and Kubo.

I'm not one for meet and greets anymore, but I miss the days of when both Disney and Universal had obscure characters around. I remember walking into Magic Kingdom as if opened and they used to have characters out right away and there was like Robin Hood and other less known characters. I distinctively remember seeing Darkwing Duck. I didn't get a picture. I wish I did because that was one of my favorite shows as a kid. Now it just seems like it's just the usual Mickey and crew, princesses, and whatever the latest Disney movie is out. I used to be really in to he characters as a kid and getting my autograph book filled. Had a lot of good ones

Universal was kind of like that too where they had Nicktoon characters across from the old Jimmy Neutron ride, out in front of the Lucy tribute. One year, this might be the most random of all, but Crash Bandicoot was there. It was almost like he was lost

Reactions: Coasted
I don't know, the Studios has that one area near Horror Make Up that they use for movie type promos and all. When they have had something there, we've never had to wait and my daughter tends to enjoy them.

When I was a kid, Disney meet and greets seemed random and not a 45+ minute wait...I like how UNI uses the parade floats as mini stages where they do (what feels like) an impromptu show/meet and greet.

33108361925_101e6ea43f_b.jpg

Reactions: agentj and Coasted
i actively avoid these. Not sure how a mid-40s guy can do these without it coming off as creepy... :)

I'm a creepy 40-year-old who looks like he might eat you, and I still enjoy meet-and-greets, even if Dora the Explorer did make me cover my "HAIL SATAN" shirt once she noticed.

They did something similar when I met Hello Kitty last Sunday. The musicians saw her and then began singing this, which I remembered from a DVD I used to have:

I'm a creepy 40-year-old who looks like he might eat you, and I still enjoy meet-and-greets, even if Dora the Explorer did make me cover my "HAIL SATAN" shirt once she noticed.
Now that's an episode of Dora I'd want to see.
Dora: Oh no! His shirt says Satan! We can't show that! Close your eyes, kids!

I think UNI might be updating some characters or something. Before we went to Breakfast on Sunday, my wife made some off the wall comment, something like 'I saw a women taking a photo w/ Scooby Do and she was pinching his rear....but then we went to breakfast and I just don't recall him looking like this...

37124367880_456662a8eb_c.jpg

Last edited: