Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

MAXPass

This is pretty much my thoughts as well. The only reason I'd be willing to pay is that I know I'd be screwed if I didn't.
Not necessarily. There's still the paper fastpass system (of course this system will eat from the number of paper FP divided out).

I know probably no one cares about it here, but I do think it should be pointed out that you get photopass for the whole day with the $10 MaxPass. That will sell the pass on it's own as many people love photopass so being able to get as many pictures as you can in a day for just $10 along with reserved fastpasses is a big sell to your average tourist.

Not necessarily. There's still the paper fastpass system (of course this system will eat from the number of paper FP divided out).

I know probably no one cares about it here, but I do think it should be pointed out that you get photopass for the whole day with the $10 MaxPass. That will sell the pass on it's own as many people love photopass so being able to get as many pictures as you can in a day for just $10 along with reserved fastpasses is a big sell to your average tourist.

I think the photo thing is just to make it palatable and the introductory price wording certainly means it is being pushed out on sale. Once it is selling like hotcakes (yeah $10 photos?) it will be declared a huge success and the price and availability will be "adjusted"

I think the photo thing is just to make it palatable and the introductory price wording certainly means it is being pushed out on sale. Once it is selling like hotcakes (yeah $10 photos?) it will be declared a huge success and the price and availability will be "adjusted"
That's sort of my point. Disneyland tourists will eat up the photo part and this thing will sell huge.

This has me worried that eventually the current "free" FP system will be pushed out altogether and it will be much more like Universal's Express Pass eventually.

Seriously though, how stupid of a name is MaxPass?

The photopass bit never registered with me when I read it but that changes everything.

If all goes to plan, I'll be heading to Disneyland in September and this now seems like a nonbrainer to buy.

just think about this at slowest universal charges 50 for express at one park 60-65 for both.So if Disney started charging for express what would the charge for one day be something like 300.Sad part is people would still pay for it.

Soarin group loads - they can find the needed people amid the group they are loading or rearrange the parties to make it all fit. The whole down-slope to the preshow is kept full so they can get people from it if they need to. Singles there don't serve much purpose.

Singles work best when you have multi-row vehicles with defined seats that would otherwise go empty. Parties of 2, 4, 5, and 8 at Test Track will result in an empty seat.

Well, the photopass thing is already included for most of the Disney AP's, so the $10 charge for the fastpass and adding the photopass will probably not influence that group's decision all that much. Given that a good chunk of Disneyland's population is AP holders, I do not really see that as being a perk. I have seen a few AP holders even ask if their photopass capabilities are going to be taken away from their pass which would force them to buy into whatever new rate they offer this system at just so that these same people can have photopass back again.

If the idea that you cannot get fastpasses unless you are physically IN one of the parks holds up, I think this will end up being an okay system (though I dislike the upcharge aspect). Granted, the connectivity in the parks as they are right now is an issue, but that should be easy enough to fix. I hope that they realize that the reservation system as set up at WDW just will not work in a locals based park.

I've read that Wifi is becoming available, but patchy in DL, any one heard of a start date for MAXpass?

I'm headed next week! I was hoping it would be rolled out since I'll only be in the park a day or two, but obviously not.
Right now it appears they're having long FP line backups with the new fastpass system that hooks in with the entry pass rather than the paper tickets. So they might be waiting till they get that fixed (Source: Article on Mice Age this week)

Paradise Pier for a few days, gonna do a few days in the parks and a day at D23. We did Grand Californian last year.

Very nice. What did you make of the Grand Californian? That is definitely on my bucket list to stay at but the Desert Inn just outside the resort will do me And my wallet for a week.

Very nice. What did you make of the Grand Californian? That is definitely on my bucket list to stay at but the Desert Inn just outside the resort will do me And my wallet for a week.
Grand Californian was really nice, definitely the closest thing Disney has to a true four star resort in the continental US. It was very relaxing and the ease of access to get into DCA was much appreciated.... we even used that entrance to go to Disneyland. That way we could grab some Starbucks in DCA on our way over and at the same time avoid the crazy security lines from everyone trying to get in.

Aulani blows it out of the water though and shows what Disney is truly capable of providing as far as services and amenities. I've been here for four days now and it's great + there's just so much to do on the island.

Grand Californian was really nice, definitely the closest thing Disney has to a true four star resort in the continental US. It was very relaxing and the ease of access to get into DCA was much appreciated.... we even used that entrance to go to Disneyland. That way we could grab some Starbucks in DCA on our way over and at the same time avoid the crazy security lines from everyone trying to get in.

Aulani blows it out of the water though and shows what Disney is truly capable of providing as far as services and amenities. I've been here for four days now and it's great + there's just so much to do on the island.

That Starbucks at DCA is ridiculous. We were there for opening and the queue had a sign up posting a 60min wait.

Oahu is incredible. By far the best place I have ever visited. I'm from Scotland and we have some of the best scenery in the world but Hawaii is on another level.

Are you a DVC member?

That Starbucks at DCA is ridiculous. We were there for opening and the queue had a sign up posting a 60min wait.

Oahu is incredible. By far the best place I have ever visited. I'm from Scotland and we have some of the best scenery in the world but Hawaii is on another level.

Are you a DVC member?
Starbucks line can be long, but since you're one of the first people in the park and sometimes even have early park access, it makes it manageable.

Agreed that Hawaii is beautiful beyond belief in many cases. There's a lot of places in Europe and Asia I want to travel to as well. Hopefully I get there over time.

And yes, that's really the only reason we're staying at Paradise Pier... even though it's not a DVC, it was the same booking process due to lack of DVC rooms in Cali so didn't cost us extra. We bought before we actually moved to FL (when the price was actually reasonable still) so originally the purpose of DVC for us was much different, in recent years we've been using it more to go on DCL or come out here to Hawaii.