Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Magic Kingdom Getting "Club 33"

GAcoaster

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2012
Orlando
I received word the other day that construction has started on Magic Kingdom's version of Club 33.

The location is the second floor of the Skipper's Canteen. No official word of when it will open, membership costs or anything else yet.

The whole "it's exclusive and YOU can't get in" as a BIG part of why people pay so much. There are a lot of people speculating whether or not the California members will have admission privileges or not. I would guess no and that Disney will double dip to make more money.

Was this it rumoured a while back that anybody who bought one of the multi million dollar properties on site would have access to a club similar to club 33?

No alcohol in Magic Kingdom (except wine at Be Our Guest). The membership in Disneyland for Club 33 is $25,000 initial fee then $10,000 a year in dues. There is a long waiting list to join...

No alcohol in Magic Kingdom (except wine at Be Our Guest). The membership in Disneyland for Club 33 is $25,000 initial fee then $10,000 a year in dues. There is a long waiting list to join...
I remember learning about this place on a YouTube video. It always remained a mystery. I don't frequent Magic Kingdom so thank you

I have hear that each WDW park will get a "Club 33".

Jim and Len teased this and that it could be used as a benefit for Golden Oaks residents.

I'm mix on these. One hand if this is actually a premium experience that doesn't impact general guest areas I'm ok with it. On the other it's a continuation of not understanding history and functions and simply looking for any and all cash streams. Club 33 existed for Walt to wine and dine sponsors and dignitaries when Disneyland was the thing. Putting one in every park and having it available for Golden Oaks sort of misses the point.

Again we don't know enough and I just have to feel it out. I'm not against or for yet.

I'd be shocked if this would be available exclusively to Golden Oak + Club 33 members. I have the feeling that such a large Club 33 expansion (4 new locations essentially) would cause the entire program to change dramatically.

You aren't missing anything. The portion sizes are small and the quality wasn't good when I went to Club 33 for a friend's birthday in DL. I know people will clamor and fight to get in. Though the Club 33 exclusive mickey ears are really cool.

They will have to keep this exclusive enough to a point that the members will feel important enough.

I remember a gold course near my cousin's house was having money problems, so they doubled the membership fees and quickly developed a waiting list. Some people want things to be expensive to keep people below their level out.

Is the food included with the membership? 25K and 10K seems a bit ridiculous. You must have a wealthy friend...

No you have to pay for your meal. (It was 5 of us and total bill without alcohol was $547 bucks.) The membership only allows you and your guests (who you don't need to be there with you) access to the restaurant.