Magic Kingdom Cabanas | Inside Universal Forums

Magic Kingdom Cabanas

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wow!!

Is that on the cut through or genuinely in TL?
It's not the new cut through, but I believe that it's possible it's backstage in the parking lot next to Space Mountain (you can see SM in the top right corner).

If it's not there though, it's definitely IN the park, which is incredibly bad show. And according to @Marni1971, they will be testing them at Epcot next and if this all proves successful, they've already dedicated 1.5 acres of space in both DL and DHS' SWL for a more permanent version of this.

It's not the new cut through, but I believe that it's possible it's backstage in the parking lot next to Space Mountain (you can see SM in the top right corner).

If it's not there though, it's definitely IN the park, which is incredibly bad show. And according to @Marni1971, they will be testing them at Epcot next and if this all proves successful, they've already dedicated 1.5 acres of space in both DL and DHS' SWL for a more permanent version of this.
It's like paying for a VIP booth in a cheap nightclub - You pay loads of cash for lifeless area where miss out on all the action!

It's just to the right of the SM entrance, between SM and the bathrooms.

It looks like it's in front of that area. Heres a video it's a FB live video. Comments
I mean, the only positive thing I can say about this is that it's not as much of an eye sore as I thought it would be if only because it's in a far corner of the park (even if you're in TL, you won't see these unless you go over right next to Space Mountain).

That said, it's still just a sad, sad money grab. And it's not even worth it. If you're thinking of throwing around $650 for a "cabana", you might as well get a group together and split the cost of a checkered vest for the day. You'll get more done and they'll actually treat you well.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Even if I had the money to throw away on something as ridiculous as this I wouldn't even consider it if these aren't air conditioned. They don't particularly look like they are from the photos.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
UK-Trigg ‏@roodlesnouter 8m8 minutes ago
Calais jungle on the move, apparently they finally made it #WDW,

CxzNzFKXUAA9q4q.jpg

CxzNzu5WIAE7JJL.jpg

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Even if I had the money to throw away on something as ridiculous as this I wouldn't even consider it if these aren't air conditioned. They don't particularly look like they are from the photos.
They're just pop-up tents, I highly doubt there is "air cooling". Old Uncle Orville is slacking.

I do see the value in having a nice spot to get away in a hot crowded park. This fails in everything I would want from something like that though. It needs to be a centrally located, out of the crowds, cool spot to rest and recharge. All that being said I would much rather just enjoy the park with a break for a meal. I have noticed that FP+ really makes something like this more appealing. When I schedule a day with FP's I always end up with these gaps of useless time, not enough time to do anything significant but a fair amount of time I'm just waiting for my FP. This is really one of the core reasons FP+ is a complete failure, but that's a whole other discussion. I could see people perceiving this as a good thing in those instances, so long as $650 doesn't mean much to them.

This is deplorable and really gross to see in Tomorrowland. Walt designed under ground tunnels t keep the illusion and magic at the forefront...

Fast forward to 2016 and we have Tomorrowland......mixed with a FEMA camp. ugh.
Although I agree this entire idea is ridiculous, to be fair it was said that this is a test. I would assume that the plan is to build more permanent cabanas at some point (unfortunately).